[Suggestion] Allow players to turn off 'mob radar' ("xx chunks away")

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Hi gang!

Here's the thing... I'm seriously loving this season: super turkeys are one of my favorite custom mobs (as well as the Blizz Ard's) because it's all a mini treasure hunt. And one which can go on forever, I'm loving it!

But... I also know of some players who aren't having fun. I was chatting with one of them and he told me that he's even a little reluctant to go work on his Frontier build right now (he loves doing that) because of the turkeys. I got a little puzzled, they don't hurt you or such, but that wasn't the problem. It were those messages. Quote: "If I work on my base and turkeys spawn then I'll be seeing those messages pop up everytime I'm there, that freaks me out".

So I'm wondering if the "mob radar" couldn't be turned into a /ps setting?

I think it could seriously help those players who don't really care for the turkeys (or Blizz Ards) and just want to enjoy their Frontier operation. This way they won't be "forced" into having to chase turkeys for those messages to go away.

.... And that gave me an incredible idea :cool:

But yeah, I figured I could wrap this up into a suggestion as well :)
  2. I do agree with this. It's a small thing, but it does get a bit annoying sometimes. +1
    Gawadrolt and slash14459 like this.
  3. Why not? +1
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. (I'm a horrible person, I'm even too lazy to type "Why not? +1")
    ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  5. +1 The messages always popping up can get quite annoying at times
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  6. I'm even worse >.<
    Jelle68 and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Or you could just like the post and not comment at all. :p
  8. First off...Does he not get annoyed by /buildmode message? Is it truly only mob related messages.

I guess the way i'm thinking this could workout is having the mobs despawn after awhile. But that doesn't sound pleasing to the mob hunters out there.
    GyroTiger and ShelLuser like this.
  9. so instead you typed more?

+1
    ShelLuser and Sgt_Pepper4 like this.
  10. Die hard builders don't use modes but moods. Good moods even :D

Anyway, can't really answer that but it's a good point :)
    AncientTower likes this.
  11. This is been for a long time needed, they say EMC is customizable, but its not. This is one of those things that has been needed, and should be added. Totally support! +1
  12. I agree, it might be nice if people could turn it off. In the meantime, I may have to start a Super Turkey extermination service ;).
  13. Perhaps, but Shel has one of his own too. ;)
    AncientTower likes this.
  14. It's not? ;) If you check the options which you have in /ps (use the /ps command, then press 't' and click on one of the headers) then you'll notice that there are plenty of options to configure. From join/part messages, difficulty (even customizable per smp), chat alerts right down to anti-griefing settings (can your friends break your blocks? or maybe only your friends on a specific server? or maybe only specific friends who can(not)?).

You might be surprised ;)

Hmm, and that gave me an idea!
    607 likes this.

15. Too late, he has competition now
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  16. Yes, you are right... totally forgot about the player settings :eek: But, it could stil be added XD
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. i wish you could just turn off their spawns period
  18. but the annoyance makes the player search for the custom mob, and I think that is the purpose of it....
    AncientTower likes this.
  19. He has a point here, just like you can turn off enraged mob spawns, you should be able to do it with this...