[Suggestion] Allow players to change their res biome to flower forest with /res changebiome

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by PetezzaDawg, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Hey EMC, I noticed recently you can't change your res to flower forest, and I think the only reason this is disallowed is because flower forests are meant to be rare, but it used to be allowed and some people have flower forest residences, plus it costs 5K tokens to change your residence biome, so can we not be allowed to have flower forests?
    Vortixin and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. It's Mutated forest and pretty sure able to be changed by a normal player, just the wrong name in their code... #BlameMojang
  3. I had this same problem. I also noticed it wasn't an option. Turns out, it is. I'm not sure why, but it's called mutated forest.
    Sgt_Pepper4 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Thank you! I just assumed since the name wasn't there it wasn't an option.
  5. I changed mine but it came out as just a forest biome.....So i had the Senior Staff change it to the Flower Forest,didn't know about the different name to change it under.
  6. what is a flower forest?
  7. A forest of flowers.

Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  8. GAH! Just seeing this post. The 1.7 name was flower_forest (I know I used that to test the feature).

I will look at making all those mutated* biomes more user friendly names.

~Socks
    Sgt_Pepper4, Kytula, Carbonyx and 4 others like this.
  9. Can you not pay SS to do this for you though? As an SS service?
  10. Sr Staff no longer provide this service as we have a way for players to do it themselves.
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  11. Not entirely apparently *cough*

Well... glad got one of my residences turned into a flower forest before that happened then...

If anyone wants to take advantage of it... it's on SMP5. /v +infinity and folow the teleport signs to the appropriate farm... just bring own bonemeal.
  12. You still can, just need to change biome to mutated forest to get a flower forest. BTW SS would also need to use mutated forest if we still done the service.
    Dektirok likes this.
  13. I have my flower farm at 2113; and the F3 info shows it as "Flower Forest" so I guess that the change isn't retroactive? Those that were changed to flower forest previously still keep that name, and the lot you want to change now will be mutated forests?
  14. It will be a flower forest with f3 but in the minecraft code it is named mutated forest. There are a few things that have a different name within the code than displayed.
    Kytula and AncientTower like this.
  15. Ah ok that makes sense ^_^ thank you