[SUGGESTION] Allow non-staff to join the Events Team (and more)...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by We3_MPO, Feb 11, 2018.

?

What do you think?

+1 for 1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
+1 for 2 0 vote(s) 0.0%
+1 for 3 3 vote(s) 60.0%
-1 for 1 1 vote(s) 20.0%
-1 for 2 1 vote(s) 20.0%
-1 for 3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
+0 for 1 3 vote(s) 60.0%
+0 for 2 3 vote(s) 60.0%
+0 for 3 2 vote(s) 40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Events Team is the team of Empire Events Organizers, for those of you who have no idea what it is. I suggest making changes to it in the following ways:
    1. Allow non-staff to join (there should be an application process for this).
    2. Make one of the existing three Empire Events Organizers (Dramanya, JDHallows, Eviltoade) the Events Team Leader.
    3. Add the Events Team to the wiki page on Community Teams.
    If the first idea goes through, I'd recommend modification so that Empire Events Organizers can only choose MOTMs if they're also Moderators, Developers, or Senior Staff. I'd also recommend an official announcement about it if any of these three things go through.
    JDHallows likes this.
  2. There is technically already an application though, and I don't feel there needs to be a leader since each person is kind of doing their own events... And the team is already on a page. ;)
  3. I think there is already a leader, can't recall who because they changed it a few times in the past. But this idea doesn't seem to bad considering there is a contributor team, build team, etc
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. The events organizers help me run and plan events. They are staff because they need to be. I am the lead events organizer. The events team isn't like the other teams and likely won't be. I've looked into making non-staff a part before, but there are aspects that make it not feasible.
    ChespinLover77, JDHallows and Roslyn like this.
  5. There isn't really a need for non team members to help. Its been running fine and anything large scale is dealt by the Build Team. If you have any suggestions on what yaaa wanna see in the future (IE Events or Stuff or whatever), Peeps are more than happy to read what that may be :) . Player suggestions have been taken before.
  6. As stated by Krysyy, having non-staff on the team would be too difficult to do. As an Events Organizer, there are many things we need unique access to that we couldn't give to non-staff.

At this time, if you want to contribute to Events on EMC, here is how I would suggest doing so:
    • Send event ideas to the EMC Events Organizers (Dramanya, EvilToade, and myself) in a forum pm. We are always looking for new and unique types of events. However, try to avoid ideas that would require the use of Command Blocks. Because of certain limitations, most events we run must be done using existing MC/EMC mechanics (things like redstone or unique EMC features, for example).
    • If you want to host events, create an event and host it yourself, as a player. We have unique and fun player events every month on EMC. Before I joined the EMC Staff team or Events team, I would host events at my res as a regular player all the time, just because it was fun!
    Thank you for the suggestion though, We3. The Events Team is always looking for ways to improve both our team and events on EMC, so suggestions are always welcome!
    ChespinLover77 and We3_MPO like this.