SUGGESTION: Afk allowance (or rule clarification) [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Imortal01, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. First of all, it was not 5IMON who kicked you. It was the auto kick. Even though utopia may be empty, there are still run by the same physical machines as multiple other servers. The way Aikar has the servers physically set up is not one machine per served, or at least won't be in the future. I don't know how far he went for EULA changes. The point being, if you are on any EMC server you are using up server resources for other servers also.

If the server is half full, the auto kick will begin. Then, you will be kicked. AFK players are not first priority. In fact, they are last. There is no reason other than greed for easy resources that you need to be staying on the server for 18 hours at a time, none.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Sorry, boozle, each and every time I or my son were kicked, it said: you were kicked by b4d5imon! Reason: Afk
    If it was auto kick, it would've said: you were kicked for idling too long whilst the server is too full! I assure you, it was multiple manual kicks.
  3. He was not kicked by the system. I witnessed it and was talking to simon at the time of the kick. :)
  4. I was not present at the time of the kicks, but trust me, I'm checking on it. My post was clarifying what is supposed to happen and what the policy is. If you are afk'ing at a farm that says no afk, that might have something to do with it. However, I'm in need of discussing this thoroughly with the staff member involved as I am at work currently and unable to do so.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. Let's just forget about it.
    I am completely unbiased toward Staff or players, so this is just my opinion. No, I wasn't there, but I believe the entire community. Every Staff action is logged in Square, so it will show that Simon kicked you.

Here's Aikar's post:
    It seems to me the situation has been dealt/is being dealt with. Let's not make this a bigger deal than it has to be. Perhaps Simon made a mistake - it happens to everyone. Whether or not you were kicked while using auto-clickers, it seems that if you're following the rules you're fine.

This has been a one-time incident that doesn't need to be blown up out of proportion.
  6. It's funny that people are saying utopians are circumventing the auto afk kick.. It happens what, once a month tops on utopia? Happens every day on a normal server. There's no valid reason for someone to circumvent a system that kicks in once a month.

So this comes down to the type of farms being used only on utopia. On every other server you'll have to worry about general circumvention as well which is required to consistently afk there. This means non-utopia servers have a much higher amount of infractions to investigate.
    markethan13 likes this.
  7. Simon did go to other servers too. But as said, its been dealt with. There may of been some mistakes, but were working to ensure it doesn't happen again.
  8. Two questions for clarification. I did notice while messing around with /away that you can literally fly around the entire Utopia server without going off /away mode. Is there a way for staff to determine if there is movement in spite of being away?

Also, some people, including myself, have the habit of turning off the chat while working on something and may end up going afk for several minutes (perhaps a lunch break which is immediately followed by a phone conversation). Can private messages sent to you from SS/Admins bypass the chat being off? If not, it could be an issue since some of us might be going afk for legitimate reasons.
    kevmeup likes this.
  9. 1. We have our ways and are working to make them better.
    2. Staff messaging you bypasses chat off. Only thing that could make you not see it is if you hit F1.
  10. Could this thread be closed? I didn't want to accuse or punish anyone. I only wanted clarification of the rules, and we got that:)
    MrsWishes, JackBiggin and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Closed by request.
    markethan13, Olaf_C and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.