[SUGGESTION] Advanced, Tiered Punishment System

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by We3_MPO, May 30, 2018.

1. Category 1 offenses:
    • Spamming
    • Occasional mild rudeness
    • Continuously walking the line for a Category 2 offense
    • Suggested punishment: short (an hour or less, possibly two to four hours for repeat offenses) mute whenever warranted
    Category 2 offenses:
    • More moderate or frequent rudeness
    • Unintentionally fueling minor drama
    • Repeat Category 1 offenses, or multiple offenders in Category 1
    • Continuously walking the line for a Category 3A offense
    • Suggested punishment: longer (longer than the suggested times, but no more than a few days) mute
    Category 3A offenses:
    • Extreme and frequent rudeness
    • Using forums to bypass a mute and spreading the offenses there
    • Intentionally fueling drama, or starting major drama
    • Relentlessly serial multiple offenses in Category 1, or repeat/multiple offenses in Category 2
    • Continuously walking the line for a Category 4A offense
    • Mildly inappropriate chat/threads
    • Suggested punishment: temp bans as necessary, or if that doesn't work, perma mute and ban from certain forum sections (Controversial, Community, Miscellaneous, etc.) but still letting them participate in auctions and getting Empire Help/Support if needed
    Category 3B offenses:
    • Minor or moderate scams
    • Griefing in the wild outside of outposts, or of temporary bases in the wastelands
    • Suggested punishment: residence arrest for those with (a) residence(s) who aren't also a Category 3A+ for chat/forum offenses, or if they are both A and B offenders and/or have no residences, a permaban or very long temp ban.
    Category 4A offenses:
    • Serial/multiple of Categories 1-3A offenses in amounts sufficient to warrant high punishment
    • A serious drama breakout caused or intentionally fueled by that player
    • Highly inappropriate chat/threads
    • Extreme rudeness (discrimination such as racism/homophobia, harassment, threats, etc.)
    • Suggested punishment: permaban and site ban; these would not be appealable for at least 100 days, possibly longer in more serious cases, or even unappealable in exceptionally serious cases
    Category 4B offenses:
    • Major scams
    • Griefing within private outposts or on another person's residence
    • Theft
    • Minor hacking
    • Serial/repeat of Category 3B offenses
    • Suggested punishment: permaban on all accounts except non-compromised family members' accounts
    Category 5 offenses:
    • Any offense repeated seriously and relentlessly enough to warrant the maximum level of punishment
    • Griefing on a staff residence or within a public outpost
    • Major hacking (flying, X ray, turning dirt to diamonds, etc.)
    • Repeatedly bypassing the /ignore feature (by using forums instead) to harass or discriminate against others
    • Hacking a regular account
    • Making a section of the wastelands or frontier uninhabitable (lava sea, easy to miss jumping stones over bare bedrock, etc.)
    • Suggested punishment: combination of what 4A and 4B would have, but slightly extended to harshen it sufficiently
    Category 6/6+/7 offenses:
    • Any offense repeated seriously and relentlessly enough to warrant the maximum level of punishment
    • Hacking a staff account or team member account
    • Hacking multiple accounts
    • DDoSing
    • Intentionally crashing the server
    • Making an extremely important section of the frontier (presumably, within public outposts and in certain areas near spawns) uninhabitable
    • PayPal chargebacks
    • Blowing up an outpost
    • Suggested punishment: unappealable permaban of all known and potential accounts, including site ban. If they do something illegal like DDoSing, account hacking, or PayPal chargebacks, they should be reported to the law too. The 6+/7 is to note for exceptionally serious cases
    I doubt I included everything, and I doubt this will be accepted, but what do you think?
  2. While I do see why one may want this, people on Empire are not frequently doing bad things. This should not be a concern because there is so much order on Empire, and people who do bad things just get perm banned. It is pretty simple that rule breaking is not tolerated and I do not believe that this is necessary. -1
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Like Smooshed said, I kind of get it, but I don't really think it's necessary. We already have a system in place that's way less cumbersome and doesn't have any problems as it is right now
    We3_MPO and Smooshed_Potato like this.
  4. This seems like a lot of red tape for someone to go through and to have thrown back in their face when they decide that the person needs more/less punishment. Also some of your punishments aren't even possible...
    Starzival, JParsonsX, We3_MPO and 3 others like this.