[suggestion] add outlines to map for Outpost/Empires that are claimed

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by KatydidBuild, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Would it be possible to add outlines on the map to Outposts/Empires that have already been claimed?
    For 2 reasons:
    • To clarify where it is not okay to be or to build because it is already claimed by someone else.
    • To give an idea for where on the map it would be okay to claim a new outpost, or make a build in-between other claims.

Thanks
    HazardousUWU and SkeleTin007 like this.
  2. -1 for outposts (in their current form)
    +1 for outposts once Land Claiming comes around.

In their current form, anyone can build in your outpost's claim; you simply have the power to kick them out and let staff take action.

When Land Claiming is a thing, though, from what I've heard, the base system is going to be similar to that of Residences; grant & revoke flags and whatnot. With *that* system, having borders show up on livemap would be nice.
    However, the way it's structured right now, secret bases & such that are claimed can be discovered, and items could be griefed/stolen by people with malicious intent.
    Additionally, lots of people move to the wild for some peace and quiet. If their base's location was publicised to *everyone*, it's highly probable that visitors would be unwanted.
    With the land claiming system? /e set move f? Easy.
  3. Katy, were you thinking of having a square or circular border?

I'm in favor of this, but I feel like a polygonal border would be more effective. (Though some could argue not as appealing as a circular or a square-shaped boundary)

However... I have to agree with Waffee, because we do not have Land Claiming yet and I feel like we should focus on that instead. :)
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  4. Huh? It should be shaped the same as the area on which the claim has an effect. :p
    That is, a 3000 * 3000 square.
  5. huh.
    Yeah. I figured it had to be a square, as that is what the regulations describe.

I can't help with getting the Empires update out, but since all Outpost/Empires require being registered, then the area that is registered is kind of a given. It doesn't have to list a player name, just the name that it was given when registered.

And that is what they say Bmode is for, as well as the reporting to staff.

I mean if you are building in the Wild, then you are already on the Map - if not literally, then figuratively.
    Joy_the_Miner and 607 like this.