[SUGGESTION] A /PS Option to Turn on/off Eggification

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by DeathPunchKitty, Feb 22, 2018.

1. As the title suggests, it occurred to me that perhaps we could have some options when it comes to eggification while holding a stick. I accidentally eggified my best Villager Farmer on my res.. LOL. A silly mistake to be sure, but I can't be the first person to something like this. Maybe we could turn it on or off via /PS, or have a confirmation and have to double-click to eggify mobs even when we're not paying rupees to do so? Opinions and suggestions welcomed. :)
    _Devuu__ and 586 like this.
  2. I think that this issue is a bit too minor to really need some settings. I can understand that somethimes eggify's happen when you dont mean too, but I don't think that it occurs often enough or that an accidental eggification causes enough trouble (However, a good villager indeed is quite a shame :/. But that is about the only time it would actually cause a loss or some other truoble, other mobs you can often just respawn and feed again without any problems).

To compare, things like accidentally removing the block of a teleport location you have high up in the sky can be very annoying too, but I don't think we would need a setting to ask for confirmation when removing these blocks either. Accidents somethimes just happen :3, although not always fun I don't think we should try to rule out every possible accident by making new settings.
    Patr1cV and DeathPunchKitty like this.
  3. You raise some good points, haastregt, thanks. :) If everyone opened up a thread like this for minor inconveniences, the staff would get pretty bogged down. It was a late-night idea that popped into my head and it seemed like a good one at the time, lol.
    haastregt likes this.
  4. I'm not saying that it is a bad idea, ideas can never really be bad. I'm just saying that I don't think it would be neccessairy. So next time you have a late-night idea, just post again :D! All EMC features started with ideas anyways so without them we would be lost.
  5. I like this suggestion. But not as a player setting. It seems more in line with the /toggle commands that we have in place. In that they are only in effect till you log out. Ideally, we need to design a more user friendly interface or chat-based menu to manage those toggle-able type things.