[SUGGESTION] A More Reliable Calendar

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Alukiann, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It was a Friday, the 12th or the 19th. I was ready for trivia with Sydney4363. Hyped! I went to their residence at the time the calendar said to check it out.

No one was there.

I asked around and apparently there was no trivia going on.

Another example. Yesterday, I went onto the games server. 4:30, the time it said on the calendar. And I was the only person there, RainbowChin did not show up. I got off, wiping the tears off my blotched face... :( And then I checked the EMC Forums later at 5:45... And the most recent thread is.

JDHallows is hosting Firefloor at 5:15! Come on down!

And this wasn't here like, 45 minutes ago.

I have learned that the calendar is misleading. It's like, filled up with repeating events, but I've learned that an event is only legit when it's:

1. Not repeating
    2. The most recent Empire thread is that event

And so I think that the calendar should be updated based on when something will happen... Just personally... So yeah.

I think I clarified that okay, if you have any questions please ask.
  2. We do our best to update the Calendar as soon as we know that there is a change. Player event changes we have no control over. In the future, please pay attention to BOTH the front page and the calendar. I'm aware that there were some authentication server issues yesterday afternoon even, that then pushed our schedule back more.

We do our best given what we have, but these aren't automatic events and delays/changes happen due to irl.
    Sachrock likes this.
  3. Then I think there should be a message on the forums stating that? :D I understand that real life happens.
  4. There was for the Firefloor. The one you mentioned.

EDIT: As for Rainbowchin not being there, it wasn't his week. That IS on the calendar.
  5. Oh, well, that's my mistake. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.