[SUGGESTION] A Kennel, much like the Stable

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by HazardousCode, Jul 10, 2018.

1. This Kennel would let us store wolves and cats, so that we could take our pets into the wild with us. It would work much like the Stable, just without the donkeys, llamas, horses, and mules.
  2. +1 it would be nice to transfer tamed cats between servers.
    ShelLuser and purplebook163 like this.
  3. Don't see why not :)
    +1
    purplebook163 likes this.
  4. +1 This is a good idea actually
  5. Actually would be useful

+1
  6. +1 emerald I need mah doggies
  7. +1 I accidently chopped my dog in half while fighting a zombie
    _BRZ and purplebook163 like this.
  8. Can you also add parrots for this perhaps /cage instead of kennel
  9. I hadn't even thought about parrots. I don't see why they couldn't be included.

/cage works for me. It's easier to spell.
  10. But cage sounds less humane :c
    607 and purplebook163 like this.
  11. The Stable could be renamed to have all animals in it? So instead of cage, kennel, or stable it could be /animals? /pets?
    607, Impulsive_Egg and AlexC__ like this.
  12. /pets sounds nice to me
    it's inclusive and humane c:
  13. Yeah, I don't see much reason to have two separate systems for the rideable animals and the pets.
    One thing, though: how would this work practically-technically? The stable knows which mob you want to stable because you're riding it. How would it know what pet you're trying to stable?
    ShelLuser and ASliceOfRhyBread like this.
  14. Ooo finally I can move servers with my hamster named Jack so +2 (Even though Jack identifies as a hamster, he secretly is still a person)
    Impulsive_Egg likes this.
  15. The (first, not the best) two ways I can think of are either selecting whatever mob is the closest, or by adding a function to, say, an arrow, where right-clicking a mob selects it.
    607, kamirosee and FadedMartian like this.
  16. Exactly what I was going to suggest! Kind of like the eggify function or maybe as soon as you type the command it tells you to right click the animal you want to store?
  17. I like this. I think getting a parrot on or off your shoulder is going to be complicated though, however you go about it.
    kamirosee likes this.
  18. +1

Maybe like /togglepet which all eggifications you do actually go to this storing system until you disable it
  19. The arrow suggestion above is great!
    I think two systems is better because with many animals, an animal storage may get quite hectic.

Perhaps the stable and possible kennel system should look like the vault. It shows you a page/double chest and you are to use your mouse and select the animal you want by right clicking. For stabled animals it would show you stats and a name, plus the spawn egg therefore alerting you what animal it is. For men sled animals it should show same as stables animals, minus the stats because they don’t have any.

Sorry! Just thinking! Anyway +1 from me