(SUGGESTION) A Creative server

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mrlegitislegit, Feb 19, 2013.

1. If a creative server is just for supporters, I'm gonna be pretty ticked. A creative server would be amazing but it would also take more money out of the servers pocket.
    Sunny_Chicken likes this.
  2. I don't think there should be one because if I made some awesome building or creation in creative, it wouldn't give me that sense of accomplishment had I done it in survival.
  3. Thats why you could just stay on normal EMC.
  4. Im sorry to single you out, but when are you ever pro supporter? I mean, whenever there is a mention on something that could be added for supporters, it seems like you are always against it...

I think that it could be a thing where the you have to be at least iron to claim a res. But you would only have to be iron once to get a res, then you could keep it for life. All the current supporters would likely stay supporters. So that wouldnt change. All it could do is add a bit of money (from those one time supporters who would only care about a creative res) to the EMC budget. Add it on as a separate world in utopia if possible. Sure, it would cost performance and possibly money if it needs to add a whole new server. But, from what we currently know, it would (if it were to require at least iron) generate more revenue than the PvP server would.***

***Im not against the PvP server, im just stating that i personally think that a supporter (even just a one time payment to build) only creative server could bring in some extra cash. It could even fund a new CPU for Aikar thats better than Max's ;)
    jamesg003 and talukegord like this.
  5. They could also make it so there is a completely separate creative server ( not connected to the vault or rupee system) with 2 sizes of reses, a large size for supporters only let's say 120 by 120, and a smaller size for non supporters, lets say 30 by 30. Then, to resolve lag issues ban TNT for all players. I think that under the right circumstances a creative server could be really, really cool.
  6. Ok, I have seen people talking and reading, I really don't think it would be a good idea to have a just creative world. For several reasons.

1: First, there is the money issue which could tap into maybe a few things. This creative server as mentioned above, would cost a bit more in terms of money and technology. That's not my overall reason though, just something supporting my idea.

2: Frankly, my most main reason of all. If we were to do this, it would also affect the economy on the other smp servers because the need for materials for building would go down because all the amazing builds would just be on the creative server and then the need for mining and materials would go down as well as I mentioned earlier.

3: My 2nd most main reason, it would get boring. What EMC boring with a creative server? Not possible. Wrong. Sure, it might be awesome.... for a month or two but it would get boring after a while because when everyone has finally fInished their amazing builds, I forsee a drop in players. Not really what I would like to see. That also goes back to 1, where the waste of money would delay somethings.

4: I would quit.

5: isn't EMC considered a survival server community?

I know that the 3rd one was shaky but the rest I got pretty darn clear. Feel free to argue on that Volt.
    superg64 likes this.
  7. When am I pro supporter? Almost ever.
  8. I meant pro supporter for when someone wants to add something to their perk list.
  9. It would just be like towns we already have, except unlimited supplies.
  10. And no vault.
  11. No. Make it so you can vault there, but you cant vault back:p
  12. Yeah, that really doesn't appeal much. Working for every block in your res makes it more meaningful.
  13. You do realized you wouldn't be FORCED to play on it, right? You could still play on the normal servers.
  14. True. Just saying doesn't make much sense as a concept, to add on to EMC.
  15. Punctuation saves lives...
    Let's eat Grandma! vs. Let's eat, Grandma! :D

Well, yeah, no vault.
    I don't see any harm in having one. (One referring to the core of the discussion. Creative Server.)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  16. Wait, did you mean "never" instead of "ever"?
  17. Yes, yes I did. I am typing on an ipad so it messes me up sometimes.
  18. Whats wrong with supporters?...
  19. It may cut into the funds for EMC. What is the harm in having one, besides that?
    We could make claiming and building supporters only.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Please read the above post, and imagine how non supporters would feel.