[Suggestion] 8 Hour GameLimit

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Roslyn, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -1

A. As mentioned, reduces the effectiveness of farms.

B. The server already reboots overnight EMC time every day. Anybody who is playing automatically gets kicked.

C. While I agree in principle that playing too much is not a good thing, it's also nobody else's business what other people do with their time. Besides, why would Aikar want to limit access for his customers? If there was to be some sort of time limit, people who are paying for the service should definitely not be included as part of that.
    Zrugite, We3_MPO and crystaldragon13 like this.
  2. I personally can't even focus long enough to write a long form-post in one go...

annyways, I think a reminder might indeed be usefull, just something that appears every three hours to say you're playing for quite some time now, and might need to take a break from it, but not forcing it, since that, as the others also said, might cause some side-effects...
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Here's my thoughts on this .. and I believe it's been said in a couple of different ways already. If you want to limit your game time then set an alarm, have a friend call you, turn off your computer, or simply get up and leave(so many other ways as well). We already have people complaining about the reminder that they're in build mode is annoying even though it's there and gone.. I hardly even notice it esp when I'm building. :p There are so many other things Aikar and the dev team need to be focused on and dictating your game playing time really shouldn't be one of them.
    I for one have been known to stay on building for over a 24 hour period because of a build I really wanted to finish.. had a vision and wanted it completed. I've also been known to finish a puzzle before moving on.. not that I do that every time but sometimes I just do and to have someone tell me when I can and can not do what I want when I've earned the time off from irl stuff to be able to do what I want isn't gonna fly far for me. Just my humble opinion. :rolleyes:

I hate that I actually have to say this every time but.. These are my own thoughts and opinions and in NO way are these to be those of the staff /owner of emc.
    EvilBlo, Zrugite, We3_MPO and 4 others like this.
  4. Well, that was an interesting thread!
    I think I'm a bit late to it, though, I honestly think I don't have a lot to add... :p
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. It would give me more time for that other server I like to play on.
  6. They arent staff....
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. Interesting ideas. Definitely controversial! But it might help you to know that the ideas are not new, and in fact have a large number of supporters. Support within the gaming community is sparse, of course. :)
    Roslyn likes this.
  8. Minecraft already has in-game statistics under the statistics option in the ESC menu. If you want to look at your statistics, they are all available to look at.
    607 likes this.
  9. Tuqueque is talking about regular players getting kicked when a supporter joins a full server. This doesn't happen, though. Supporters can join full servers and exceed the cap.
    We3_MPO and Tuq_SolidColor like this.
  10. Locked by request because feedback has been gathered
    607, Roslyn and We3_MPO like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.