StreamingSoundtracks.com (and sister sites)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Apr 5, 2020.

?

Do you listen to any of these music types? (select all that are applicable)

80s music 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Death metal or black metal 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Film, TV or video game soundtracks 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Ambient, lounge, trance or world music 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Classical music (from medieval to modern) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
None of the above. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

Do you like listening to music and do you enjoy film scores? Then maybe you should check out this website! :D

This is StreamingSoundtracks.com, an online radio station dedicated to soundtracks. You can find over 7000 albums on here, mostly film music but also tv and video game music. The cool thing is: you can request any of those albums to be played. Of course, you could do this on Spotify too, but on Spotify it's only you listening to the music. Here hundreds of people get to enjoy your request. ;D
    Here are some reasons I like StreamingSoundtracks.com:
    • I have got to know great soundtracks because of other people requesting them
    • There is good variety, because each album and composer can only be in the queue once (so until it is played you can't request another track from the same album or composer), and each track can only be played once every 15 days
    • There is a warm community, with many regulars in chat that I have got to know and befriended
    • If I'm thinking of a film or its soundtrack, chances are it's on here (maybe not if it's a recent romcom :p)
    As a regular user, you can listen as much as you want, and you can request once per hour, or once per 3 hours if the queue is really long (in practice, just wait until one hour has passed and the queue got a bit shorter again; this won't ever take 3 hours). However, most frequent users (myself included) have a VIP subscription which costs $6 for a month or $60 for a year, and lets you request much more often (between once every 2 and once every 30 minutes). I might gift you one to start you off if you're interested. ;)

I encourage you to check it out! There are also sister sites for 80s music, Death Metal, some kind of electronic stuff, and classical music. Only the death metal one is of comparable size, and I would not recommend that one. :p The others work in the same way but have a much smaller community, which means that most of the time the queue is filled with requests by "System/Admin" (if the queue gets beneath 1 hour in length requests have to be made, because otherwise the site legally changes from a radio station to a streaming service. In such cases automated requests are added to the queue).

Oh, by the way, this is not sponsored, I just really love this website and have noticed that it is very unknown, and not easy to find; so I wanted to post about it on EMC, as there might be people here who would love it. :)
  2. A bump, as it seems like most members haven't checked out the thread yet. :)