Strange Item Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Yilin0_0Juchang, Dec 22, 2020.

1. This might be stupid to ask but I can't find it anywhere on EMC wiki...

Does mob have a significant item drop rate if they are killed by environment not player?

I'm asking this because my new gunpowder farm produces very little while the same design works well in my single player world.

I don't know if the 1.16 update causes this, or it has always been like this...

(but the iron farm works well, strange..)
  2. EMC heavily nerfs mob spawning, so the lowered production of your gunpowder farm compared to singleplayer is due to lowered spawns, not lowered drops. This is especially noticeable in isolated places like mob farms, and unfortunately, there isn't really a way around the spawn nerfs.
    Yilin0_0Juchang likes this.
  3. Thanks!

And I think that explains why iron farm works normally, iron golem has different spawn mechanism.

Guess I will just afk a little longer then..
  4. Yeah, I find that Single-player to EMC the effective drop in drops/mob spawning is nearly 50-65%. No way around it, can't have too many people running those types of farms or the server wouldn't even run properly. It is what it is...
  5. I think I found the official emc setting for this. In case anyone having problem with their mob farm is coincidentally looking at this, I put it down below.

Basically your AFK spot needs to be lower and modules need to be closer, a grinder located between the spawn area and afk spot might also help.

Mob spawning distance(top)

• In Vanilla Minecraft, mobs can spawn up to 128 blocks away from you. This does not check vertical distance.
    • On Empire Minecraft, mobs can spawn up to 64 blocks away from you. This does not check vertical distance.
    Mob spawning limits and density checks(top)

• In Vanilla Minecraft, the formula to calculate how many mobs can spawn is 70 times amount of chunks available under Mob Spawning Distance (these limits are per player).
    • On EMC, the formula to calculate how many mobs can spawn is the same. However, there is a cap of 90 mobs (this limit is per player).
      • If there are under 90 mobs in the area, it checks that there are not too many of that same mob in the current area.
        • Mobs are limited to spawning in clusters of two.
        • A cluster size is 20 blocks X/Z, and 16 Y.
        • If there are two monsters within the cluster of where an entity is trying to spawn, the spawn will be cancelled.
      • Natural spawning will continue until every player has 90 monsters in their range.

Mob despawning and autokill(top)

• Monsters will despawn if, for at least 15 seconds, they are further than 64 blocks from a player across the X/Y/Z axis.
      • Monsters that have picked up a player's items will not despawn.
    KatydidBuild and Rhycicles like this.