[STORY] The Enchantress

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by xxcapmanxx, Dec 11, 2018.

1. The Enchantress

I wrote this for an assignment in class, had to write a fairy tale. Thought maybe I could learn how to write better if more people have the ability to read it, maybe judge it. So yeah, have no mercy, grab your torches and pitchforks, and tear this thing a new one! The story is essentially another take on the Rapunzel story.
    Once upon a time, the tale restarted, Rapunzel and the prince end happily ever after. Nobody dare ask what happened to the witch or what have you. Here's the hard knock truth, the reason for the ever after. The bad guys don't get an ending. Even the ones found six feet under. They begin again, it's a never ending cycle of the same. They know it all too well, I, the enchantress, know it all too well. An entity that takes a form of a middle age, 1930s, cab driver. All part of his scheme that ropes us “Villains” into his work. All I wanted to do was to show those cabbage greedy, no good, stone brained, Harold-less simpletons to cultivate the right way. The royalty all too pansy headed to get their fingers dirty, didn't even offer me a dime for my food, no, they had to steal! That Rapunzel was going to learn to be the prime enchantress, mother nature would have nothing on her! Alas, here comes big oaf Gird here forcing my will into submission, redirecting her powers to her hair. Just sad really, I might be a bit brutal, stabbed the prince's eyes eighty times now, at first it hurt me more than it hurt him. Over time you get cold to it. You don't put executioners on trial, they have to do all the dirty work. Eighty first will be different, the cycle ends here, history shall run its course, and those incompetent rulers shall get their comeuppance. Tomor…

A gust of wind shuts everything in sight, the enchantress rolls her eyes and hides her journal. A shadow manifests into a small man in suspenders. “You have a big day tomorrow Ms.E, you don't want to be drowsy for tomorrow's show now do you?” he snickered. “You done wasting my time? You know I don't need the rest, every second you spend here is a second I won't have to myself”, stood the enchantress. “Don't play tough with me missy, your time is all mine, if I really wanted I could give you all the time you want, dead under my boot, maybe even alive, it's all the same with you people.”
    Gird was the being, he grew in power the more the tales were read. He monopolized the fairy tales, needing nothing more but for them to be read, and the power of the villains to keep his magic strong.
    The 81st run, the Enchantress had something different in store today, she used her power to create a decoy and run the story, she knew it would only work a short while, Gird would notice the influx of power, she had only an hour. As the prince drew up into Rapunzel's castle, the Enchantress caught them both by surprise. “Listen, I've got no time to explain, you two need to run and get me 5 cabbages, bring them back in 5 minutes at the base of the tower, got it?” The two were astounded but Rapunzel read the fear she had never seen in the enchantress's face. “Why should I? Art thou the one whilst kept me captive for many years on end?” Rapunzel confronted the Enchantress, “You listen well young dearest, evil Mr.Gird has kept me from giving you the life you deserve, wonder who Gird is? Essentially the devil with a touch of omnipotence, I never wanted this for you deary, I'm sorry”. Sobbed the Enchantress. “While you two were bickering I got 10 cabbages,” appeared the prince from the window. “Imposs… I'm not going to ask, leave me, run as far away as possible, take my prized vial of mint, it will grant you haste into the Celtic mountains, the magic there will shield you from his presence. Live your lives, be safe. I’d prefer to go down for you two than live with what I’ve been forced to do”. “I forgive you Enchantress”, the Enchantress looked Rapunzel in the eye and began to tear up, “Go, for all I've done to you, that monster will never make you suffer”. In that, they were gone in a flash. The sky grew dark, Gird appeared before the tower . “You silly little servant, you deviate once more, you will be punished once more, you insignificant little ant”, Gird called from outside the tower. “Things feel different, what did you do!?” He yelled. He barged in through the window of the tower, only to be hit by a beam of energy, it emanated from the head of a cabbage in the Enchantress's hand, tearing his balance and knocking him into a nearby tree. “It's time somebody taught you a lesson”. She launched him into a thorn bush, piercing his eyes, hearing his scream of agony… turn into a slight chuckle, “Insignificant fool, you thought it would be so easy? My vision is beyond any weak human nature, you have sealed your fate, I have a special place for worms like you”. He tore through the fabric of reality, revealing a pit of nothing, revealing faint screams and cries for mercy. She gathered the other 9 cabbages, carrying them up with her telekinetic witchcraft, she released a barrage of brimstone upon Gird. “You're not the only being capable of using evil, it's about time somebody did something good with it” stood the Enchantress. Staggered and burnt, he stood and shouted “Using evil? I am the essence of it, I am your worst nightmare, sweetheart, you're going to pay big time”, his shriek tore half the forest away and launched the enchantress with them into the nearby desert. She took four of the cabbages and called upon the mystic weapon, the quad laser. She took a shot, as the bullet slowly flew toward the general direction of Gird. “The bullet is enormous, there is no escaping!” she yelled. Gird closed in and swept at her, breaking her arm with one blow. She dropped her final cabbage into her arm, she hid it behind her back as she lay on the ground. “Any last words?” Gird said towering over her, “Yeah, look behind you” she coughed. Behind him was the prince, “Fool, you sho… ack!” Gird was pulsed into the air and into the quad laser bullet. He was destroyed, it was over. “How, why are you still here, aren't you supposed to be in Norway?” asked the Enchantress with a surprised look on her face. “I get around, I left Rapunzel in a small town, then used the rest of the haste mint to steal some, I was caught but the old lady knew the flask of your spell, she gave me another batch, and told me to wait and run behind him, I suppose that him was Gird”, blabbered the prince.
    Gird was gone, the universe was safe. The enchantress returned to the derooted forest from her battle with Gird, she then began to establish her presence once more, cultivating the second largest garden. The first largest had gone to the neighboring kingdom, where the queen mastered the art of cabagemancy. At first this sparked a rivalry between the two. Over time however, an alliance sparked between the two, after they both accidentally swapped spell books in a nearby tavern. They came to realize, with the intervention of the king, that they had not to fight. They then established a connection with Rapunzel and the prince, who had come to realize they were both siblings, they married other people to avoid the risk involved with incest, they were royal, not morons. Then they established two kingdoms, one of the land by Rapunzel, and one of the sea by the prince. This resulted in a growth in the knowledge of Celtic magic and hydromancy. They lived happily ever after of course, it's just a whole lot to go through, just sleep well knowing they were happy, and the time was indeed, ever after, their story the ended because eventually they died of old age. Because it wasn’t no fairy tale anymore, Gird died. It’s over. He didn’t get a happily ever after, maybe, I mean his skin flakes maybe fell into the nature, he became a part of nature I guess. So yeah, he lived happily ever after, it didn’t end, he’s a part of the endless cycle of nature now. Maybe, who are you to judge?