[Stories] My Daily Short Stories~!

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by DorianPavus_, Jun 8, 2017.

?

Hamlet, Macbeth, or Romeo and Juliet?

Hamlet 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Macbeth 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Romeo and Juliet 2 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Hello Everyone<3

Every day (or almost day when I have time) I will be writing a short story and posting it here! I am really bad at writing so they wont be really good but the more you write the better you get :p Yes you can criticize my work all you want because I do not care one bit in the world what you have to say about my stories unless there positive comments I am open to all comments, negative or positive~! :) If you want you can comment a theme or plot for me to use for one of my stories if you want. Ex: Beautiful, Emotional, This guy kills that guy but they had children that tried to figure out what happened to their parents or whatever xD idek!

Hope You Enjoy.....xD
  2. 6/8/17

It was midnight and Whit Barton a stingy man in his forties was passing through town heading towards his house. The street lights flickered as his carriage bounced down the road. When his stop arrived he left and turned without thanking the driver or leaving a single tip. He bent his top hat down and hobbled to his doorstep with his gold encrusted cane but was stopped by an old homeless women. "Please sir could you kindly lend me a few coins? I am homeless without even a single loaf of bread to live off of." She looked into his eyes with a pleading look. "No, I do not help peasants like you! It is your fault for living your life out like this." He turned his back on her and laid his hand on his house's doorknob. As he opened the door his housekeeper stood there waiting. He took a step in and the old women pointed her finger at him, "You stingy old man, you will be punished for this! May the three curses help you!" The woman turned and walked off and Barton stepped inside now with a headache. His housekeeper took his coat and hat, "Mr. Barton who was that woman, is she an acquaintance of yours?" He simply waved her off without answering the question and headed up to his room.
    He laid down on his bed laying his cane to the side and grumbled. "That stupid ol' witch going on about curses, nonsense." He slowly let sleep get a hold of him and didn't wake up until tomorrow afternoon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Barton opened his eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. She sat up quickly and looked around to see only a small room that looked like it belonged to a peasant. "Where am I?!" He demanded and soon his housekeeper ran in. "Sir your awake! You have been asleep much longer than you should have. There was a fire in the manor and you wouldn't wake up, I was so worried! Right now we are in a small cottage that I rented for us." Quickly slipping on slippers he got out of bed and stood up. Taking a drink of water that lay next to him he looked her in the eyes. "Is the money ok?! If it isn't we are doomed and I'll lose everything and I'll become like that old hag!" Rolling her eyes she nodded confirming that his goods were ok but she doubted he would ever understand the situation they were in. "This will not do at all, we need somewhere to live and I'm hungry!" He ran out of the building to see that it was a one room house and it contained no food at all. The housekeeper Lilith walked out with a single loaf of bread and butter. "Why don't you enjoy the view out here, its a lovely day today. I have some food here but its not much I'm sorry." He grunted and stormed inside because he didn't like her suggestion and he wasn't going to eat some ordinary commoner food. He wanted a real meal put in front of him not some trash. Grabbing his coat, hat and cane his walked back outside and passed Lilith who was sighing and walking back inside. He mumbled to himself as he walked down the cold street. It was the middle of winter and not many people were outside at this time. He walked for a few hours and when he decided to head back to his new home he ran into the old woman. "Kind sir could you lend me a few coins? It is growing cold and I need to buy myself a scarf." He growled at her and snapped, "I already told you once, No! Why are you doing this to me, taking my home and warmth away from me?!" The woman frowned and pointed her finger at him once more. "You have two more chances!" Suddenly Barton's vision became blurry and he fainted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The next day came Barton woke up to see the blue sky above him but there were snow flurries slowly come down upon him. He shivered and sat up to see himself on the side of the street laying next to Lilith. He opened his mouth to protest but she stopped him and began to speak. "I'm sorry but when I came back from getting food there was no money left...nothing left. We were kicked out of the cottage last night and I found you asleep on the side of the road." His eyes clouded with sorrow but quickly turned to rage. "It's the old hags fault! She is making us suffer and just because she was so greedy because she wouldn't accept that I couldn't give her money!" Lilith frowned and looked at him but she began to chatter. The snow started to fall harder and they had indoor clothes on not clothing for the winter. He motioned for her to follow him and they trudged out through the snow to find some shelter. Soon enough they found an alley way that had some coverage and some junk they could use as blankets. They made themselves a makeshift home and stayed in till night...till they fell asleep. He dreamt of how anything could happen now but he hoped nothing too harsh. He had lost his home, his goods, his wealth. What more could happen?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The wind whistled as it wooshed through the air and the snow had stopped but there was so much on the ground now it had blocked them into the alley way. It was about nine in the morning and Barton started to stir. Sitting up he adjusted his eyes to the glowing white light that filtered through from the snow. It was far stacked and way too thick to shovel through with their hands. "Darn..." He mumbled to himself as he realized the situation he was in. He turned to Lilith who looked sound asleep under a few old torn clothes. Her face was a ghostly pale and she was frozen to the bone. Sighing took his cane and started to poke her in the shoulder to wake her up but she didn't budge. Finally he gave up and sat her up and shouted, "Wake up you lazy ol' housekeeper!" She silently sat there and his face turned pale. "Lilith?..." He put his ear to her chest but he couldn't hear her heartbeat. Lilith was dead and he could do nothing but weep. "No no no, this cant be happening! Lilith why...why..." Tears fell down his cheeks but they were icy cold and froze once they hit the ground. If she had passed then he would soon then. He thought to himself and realized how selfish he was. "I never thanked you once for the cleaning you did, the meals you served me and the gratitude that you showed to everyone." His voice started to shake and he held her limp body close. "You have done so much for me yet I didn't even appreciate any of it. You deserved much more from me and yet now I am here and its too late to do anything. You were just an innocent housekeeper who deserved more in the world but I couldn't help you at all....I wish...I wish I could have done much better for you...for everyone...I want to change!" Suddenly as the last words spilled out of his mouth a bright light shone everywhere and a voice said from somewhere high above, "Don't worry..." As if on queue Barton fell to the ground limp.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A few days had passed and he snow had slowed and spring was coming soon. The sunlight filtered through the shades and into the bedroom where Barton laid soundly asleep. He opened his eyes and looked up to see his familiar bedroom ceiling. "It was all a dream?...." Suddenly Lilith walked into the room with a tray containing a few scones and tea. "Good morning sir! I have your breakfast here" She said with a dull face and put it down on the desk. He jumped out of bed in his pajamas and went running over to her and hugged her. "S..sir?" She stammered as she was being hugged to death. "Thank you Lilith, thank you, thank you, thank you! You have done so much for me so I must repay you!" He said with a great smile and rushed out of the room and pulled her down the street. He went around the town greeting all the people and donated to a few charities on the way. As they continued they reached a store and he bought a really fancy necklace and gave it to Lilith. "Sir this is way to much to ask for! Why are you doing this for a housekeeper like me?" He turned to her and smiled, "Because its the right thing to do!" They exchanged large smiles as they rushed down the street back towards the manor. When they reached the door he told her to go inside and clean up around his bedroom when he spotted the old woman. She walked up to him and asked, "Sir can you please lend me some money? I am poor and I cant afford food or new clothes." She looked pleadingly at him as he said, "Why of course, its the best I can do for you!" He handed her a very large amount of money and smiled, "Thank you so much you helped me change and realize the reality of what I was doing. Thank you so much!" She looked at him and laughed, "Certainty I don't have clue what you are talking about but thank you fro the generous donation kind sir!" He laughed as they shared their goodbyes and watched as the old woman whom had change his whole life and fate walked away and vanished. "That's strange..." He said to himself as he shrugged and walked inside thankful he had what he did and thought about how he could help the world.

The End~!
  3. Bump!
    Hope you enjoyed my failure of a first story :p
    Idek where that story was supposed to go

Don't be afraid to suggest a theme or plot I should use for my next story!
  4. Very nicely written story. You would make a good story book writer. Keep up the good work! I look forward to your next story. :)
    Lady_Eliza likes this.
  5. Haha....totally forgot about this....haha xD
    I'll come up with something tonight or tomorrow afternoon~
  6. 'I remember the laughs and the love in your eyes
    I remember the lows, and the million tries -
    To pick up the pieces of our memories, lost
    And remember the way when our paths may have crossed

I recall that it came without hurry or care
    When we met for the first, it was already there
    I recall in the night when we went on our way,
    Not the sound of your voice, what you wanted to say'

I was there...
    I didn't know why I was, I was just there.
    The rain poured down around us but the sun still glared.
    Who was I? Who was she?
    Memories lost it really seemed.
    Hand in hand we seemed to sigh but what was it? Why did she cry?
    Her beautiful eyes now that have become waterfalls had lost their glare.
    It was if it was on cue, I sware.
    The thunder crashed and her life had dashed.
    She stop crying and instead started....dying.
    Her body as light as air toppled over onto the ground.
    Her lifeless form was just there....
    Who was she?...Why am I crying...Where are my memories?!

* This song inspired me to write this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gXZFePIVk *
  7. Not a fan of feedback? :)
    Also... *write; *they're. ;)
  8. I was moody that day xD I'll take any feedback and I am open to all of it~
    Idk how I managed to use right instead of write but I never know when to use they're lol
    607 likes this.