Steam Summer Sale 2016

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xHaro_Der, Jun 23, 2016.

1. GTA 5 is only 35 dollars, which is nice. I got it a while ago for that price and it was totally worth it.
    To bad I only have 7 dollars in my bank account
  2. Would you still recommend it for that price, even if I've bought it twice already? I pre-ordered it when it came out on Xbox 360. I bought it when I got my Xbox One. Now I'm wondering if it's really worth giving Rockstar any more money for it on PC... but I may just wait for it to go even cheaper :p
  3. Then why not Project CARS or BeamNG or Assetto Corsa? Those are good racing-esque games.
  4. It wont ever go cheaper, unless you want to wait a few thousand years
  5. Not compatible.
  6. Are you on a mac lol
  7. Considering I bought GTA IV for five pounds five years after it came out, that's not exactly true.
    ThaKloned and xHaro_Der like this.
  8. Pfft. Arrrr ;)

No but seriously, it's highly probably that they'll reduce it pretty low in the coming years. It'll be 5 years old since the first release on console next year ;)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. yes.......
  10. lol
    Patr1cV, UltiPig and KayleCanDoIt like this.
  11. I've got Fallout 4 and Rust added to my cart. I'm still browsing through and looking if there is anything I want. I can't get everything due to having to save for MineCon tho haha
  12. Read this while I was at a fallout 4 loading screen heh
    HxCami10 likes this.
  13. The funny thing about steam sales is I never have money (Because of the timing of each and every one of them landing between paychecks in that period where bills have already laid claim to all of my funds.. :oops: ) whenever there is a steam sale.. I usually end up grind out my unclaimed cards and selling them during sales to at least be able to craft the badges.. There are games that I want, especially games that I have been waiting to go on sale, but I cannot even afford them. And I never have the luck to "win" them via steamgifts nor do I have the extra funds (For keys ironically) or anything that anyone wants to be able to trade for them.. o3o ..Maybe I will get lucky with the post sale runover (the 24-48 hours at the end) to get at least one game.. xD ..Kinda sad that there is not really any event attached to the sale this year..
  14. I got just cause 2, Superhot, and Kerbal space program, going to get a lot more later
  15. I ended up requesting a refund for BeamNG just now. I played it for a little over an hour and it's just straight up not my kind of driving game.

The softbox physics are kind of interesting but they similarly ruin all the fun of driving. You can be doing 25 mph on a turn ramp and it'll flip you over the edge for no reason.

The best way I can describe the driving is that no matter what speed or turn radius you're trying to do, it's as if your car is always drifting and there's no way you can stop drifting. Kinda weird and hard to play. If you're into silly crashing games and don't expect to drive around and actually have the car respond to anything you try to do, then I suppose it's the game for you. But it's not for me ;)

So as it stands I've only bought one game from the summer sale I haven't returned, being Project CARS. I'll browse around and maybe I'll find some gem I haven't seen before and pick it up, but I'm not super impressed with the prices they're offering this time around. If nothing suddenly peaks my fascination I'd rather save my balance for the winter sale and hope they don't pull a (relative to previous sales) bust next time around.
    Great choices. I played through Just Cause 2 roughly 2 years ago and it was loads of fun. Explosions never get old haha. I also tried the demo of Kerbal Space Program a while back but got frustrated after a while of me and my friend irl trying to figure out how to make a rocket that didn't immediately burst into oblivion and essentially rage quit after a few hours of failure lol. I watched a few videos of Superhot and seems cool. :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. I ended up having to return something in amazon and got a $40 gift card so I bought the game code from there since it was $30 too :p
  17. Also, isthereanydeal is a good website to use to make sure the price you're getting is actually good or if it's recently been cheaper elsewhere. I'll add that to the OP.
  18. I now have Rocket League, and Rocket Climb. My brother got Stardew Valley and Skyrim which I can play since Family Sharing is a wonderful thing. Although not on Steam, I got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and will have it on Friday.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  19. CyborgTed likes this.
  20. All the games I got so far, Arma 2, shell shock live, witcher 2, kerbal space program, super hot, prison artitect, and some other games I'll add when I get home.