Spotlight On EMC

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by fam1ly, Dec 30, 2017.

1. As some of you may know the EMC community is the best Minecraft community there is. So I wanted to recognize the people who really help out others. If you want to nominate someone then please send me a PM saying who it is, and why. The why paragraph has to be at least 4 sentences. Once we reach a certain point we will hold an event recognizing all the players who were chosen from the ones who got nominated. But there are a few rules.

RULES:
    You can NOT nominate yourself
    You can NOT pay/tell someone to nominate you
    You can NOT do work for someone just to be nominated
    You HAVE TO actually do good stuff more than once in the community to be nominated
    Please use common sense
    Do NOT nominate an alt
    You can nominate up to 3 people

If you want to donate items that will be given to the recognized people then please give them to me ASAP.

Sydney4363 likes this.
  2. RESERVED
  3. Come on, there are great people in the EMC community. Go ahead and nominate them.
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  4. Come on, there are great people in the EMC community. Go ahead and nominate them.
  5. Just a comment, nothing more, but do keep in mind that we've just had another likewise event a short while ago. I'm not saying that this is a bad idea or anything, absolutely not, but you might want to consider planning event like this a little bit. Give people some time to "get back" from the previous one.

See: plenty of people are tempted to donate to these events. So if you hold your event closely after another then I wouldn't be surprised if people are more likely to ignore yours for the time being because they just got themselves involved with another one.

Also... It's usually a better idea to use the Events section to hold your events. Thing is: when players are looking for current events then that's where they'll start their search. Also: this forum section is more about discussing (as its name implies). So some people may look at your threads topic, assume that this is merely talk about ... I dunno... a spotlight and then move on, because they don't realize that you're actually trying to do more than just discuss stuff.

Maybe food for thought?

Even so, wish you all the best with this one!
  6. Thanks for your great advice. I will try to put some of it into play.