Split the forums for frontier outposts by smp

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by drnomn, Mar 4, 2021.

1. 607 likes this.
  2. The approval process is only needed to accessed by EMC staff members, there is no need to split it into separate sections. If you are looking for an outpost in a certain server, ask around or just check for posts made looking for members. There aren't many public bases, but if you make some friends across many servers, you're bound to get an invite pretty soon ;)
    Egeau and drnomn like this.
  3. This would work great if the people who are in those areas are still playing. I'm not sure this is as easy as it sounds for someone to find that spot to settle. I see what you are saying but I was trying to use it as a way to find the best EMC outpost to use and where to go from there to have something reasonably close to a spawn point. I'm not looking to join anyone elses at this point either. I'm looking for just a spot to set up some of my own personal farms and items you just can't do in town.
  4. Believe me, I live in the wild when I play EMC. But that's the beauty of live map. Any time you see those large sections of black (man all these threads are blending together haha) are free real estate. My newest outpost is only 25k from one of the million outposts and it was perfectly unexplored land. Just fly a few thousand blocks in the nether from a million outpost and you are 99.9% guaranteed to have new lands to work with.
  5. Lol, I get your point, first, I stink with elytra... ...not your fault obviously. 2nd, I have no elytra. 3rd, I have to get back to the outpost as well to get back to town, go to events, etc... I mean may be able to smp hop for some things but /vault doesn't work at my outpost. This isn't just about finding new lands, it's making it so all of EMC is available to me. ....play your way for me means I want active town and ability to work in the the standard survival world without excessive delays and trips.

There may be new/other options but really it was just a thought since I noticed that tons of area is unused and new spawn points would create access for many to new areas. Again, I appreciate your responses and thoughts.
  6. "Play your Way" is more of a slogan rather than a promise. EMC allows difficulty changes and such. But there is a reason there's no /sethome, TPA, or anything like that. Having too many outposts defeats the purpose of the frontiers. It's meant for bases and living in more than just farms. The further out you go the more you got to go back, that's the rule in basic Minecraft as well as here on EMC. If you want quick farms, build closer to outposts but it won't be established as an outpost. But for outposts, you need to go further out.
  7. I guess my fear on building close, though distant from other "seen" bases or outposts is that I can get that taken away in 1 single swipe is that outpost owner decides they want that space. Since outpost owners are not required to give locations it's impossible to even know who to contact. I get the distance but many MC servers have other methods that get you around locations faster, like multiple survival homes. NOTE: in no way am I asking for that to change. I was looking for another opportunity to expand use of huge dead areas in some minor way and allow everyone to have a somewhat reasonable trip in and out no matter when they joined.
  8. As long as the event isn't on the same smp your frontier base is on there's no need to travel. Just do /smp# and you will TP to that smp. If I want to go back to smp town that my frontier base is on it takes me 1 1/2 hours to travel back by elytra.
    When looking for a spot to call home in the wild, place a locked chest down in the center. Have it established before building anything. Sometimes it take a few tries, but once it's established no one can take it away.
    EMC doesn't want it to be easy bringing resources from frontier to town. Large farms would flood the markets.
    More outpost's are in future plans, from what I hear.
  9. The description for the subforum does not suggest to me that it is (primarily) intended for the approval process, though.
    I think that if an outpost only requires a single thread for communication (which, to be frank, seems to always be the case; the separate outpost subforums have got extremely little use), it will be in this section.
    However, I think that even if they were split by smp, or were required to have an smp tag, it would still be hard to find what you're looking for, probably, as there are a lot of outposts that get established that don't have any members, or at least don't accept any members from outside.