spawner

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Releias, Sep 25, 2017.

1. oki
    so
    I was wondering a little about how to farm exp
    I've seen one that had a zombie spawner and I'm wondering how to make one o.o
  2. Some designs will use water that will push zombies into a hole that causes them to lose most of their life. They'll have a collection pit that traps zombies so that the players can kill them without worrying about them escaping
    ComicalCanine likes this.
  3. nice!
    but how do I make them lol
  4. You can't make the "spawner" you have to find one in the /wild and build the "grinder" around the "spawner" allowing you to kill the mobs and earn xp.

Edit: Spawners can't be moved or obtained. They must be found in order to be used.
    JesusPower2, Jay2a and ThaKloned like this.
  5. I just redid mine and it's extremely easy to make and works great. Just build a cube around the spawner; walls are on 5th block away from spawner on all sides, roof on 3rd block above spawner and floor is 4th block below spawner. Put a water source in each corner, this will leave one block in the centre untouched. Dig that out 2-3 blocks deep and place a magma block. Below that magma block you'll want a hopper minecart sitting ontop of a normal hopper. That's it. Zombies will spawn, fall in hole and magma block will kill them (and not the drops) and the hopper minecart will suck up all the drops into a chest.

Once mine is complete I can show you pictures.
  6. please do!
    I really need to see how this works o~o
    cause that...kinda doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me x.x
  7. So the box around the spawner is 11x11. (So walls are 5 blocks out from spawner) Can use any block. I used glass just for looks.

This is the centre hole that water doesn't reach so that is where they drop down. They sometimes bunch up and won't fall in the whole right away but it's usually just a few seconds and then back to normal.
  8. awesome
    but how do I make the cage thing that spawns them?
  9. You can't make one, you have to find it. And you can't dig them up or move them.
  10. dang it >~<
    wellp
    I'm screwed then DX
    AncientTower likes this.
  11. Wow!!! my answer was over looked the whole time.
    JesusPower2 and ComicalCanine like this.
  12. uhm ._. no it wasn't??????
  13. I mean, kinda
    AncientTower likes this.
  14. Maybe also interesting to know is that you can 'lock' spawners by placing a 'lock sign' above them. That effectively allows you to 'claim' a spawner; once locked no one other than you can destroy it anymore. It does cost some rupees (1000) but in my opinion that's a small price to pay, considering that spawners are somewhat rare.
    AncientTower likes this.
  15. Spawners are not that rare actually. Not anymore it seems. With enough cave exploring there is usually multiple spawners. Every mineshaft seems to have many. Also you can save 1,000r by using buildmode on the blocks around the spawner. No one can break the blocks to get to the spawner.
    AncientTower and Eviltoade like this.

16. I like how you both have a completely different spin on this.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. The reason why I recommend lock signs is because block protection can be overruled by your friends unless you change this setting yourself, which I know plenty of players often struggle with. So basically the saying "you get what you pay for" applies here.

There's a free way out but it comes with risks, and there's a fullproof way which will cost you some money.
  18. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm confused again <.>
    what even is going on in here anymore
  19. Nothing has changed on the way mob spawners are obtained. You still need to find one in the /wild and build the grinder to allow you to collect xp/drops.
    The talk has only expanded on the way to keep said mob spawner protected from griefers.
    Option 1: Build in /buildmode around the spawner creating that xp grinder.
    Option 2: Just like option 1 but with an added lock sign on the spawner itself.
  20. ty :)