[Closed] [SP] New SkyBlock Challenge (1.14)

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ThaKloned, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all! :) If you know me you know I love me some SkyBlock. Last week while looking around on YouTube I saw that ilmango was starting a SkyBlock series on YouTube. (Please note this is not server advertising, it's for a single player game :p )

They are using the new 1.14 version as a new challenge. You start with 50 dirt blocks, 1 mycelium block and 1 tree. That's all. No water, no lava, nothing. Don't worry though because you can get anything you want if you get lucky and run into the wandering trader. ;) But getting to that point is the fun part.

Sounded like a great challenge to me so I started up a game. If you'd like to try it out yourself, ilmango has posted a 'How To' video:

Feel free to post your thoughts, screenshots, etc here!

Good luck all :)
  2. Ah, so it's only for 3rd party-modded installations! I wonder why? The only thing I notice (but I haven't watched it very thoroughly; I did study the description) is that it has the SkyBlock world generation, but it should be enough to just download the SkyBlock world.
  3. I believe the mod is only for world generation if you wanted to make your own. Basically it adds a preset in super flat world. So likely yes you can just use the supplied world download and play from that. Other little changes are trades available via the Wandering Trader and silverfish will occasionally drop gravel if they are mined out from stone (or cobble.. one of them lol) Basically trades for stuff like bucket of lava that you don't start with and would have no chance of every getting. So yes you can get things not normally in SkyBlock but you first have to find a way to make villagers, then trade something with them, then somehow find a way to spawn the Wandering Trader and hope one of the trades is lava.

Even getting just the lava isn't enough. You then have to find a way to produce water. :D
    607 likes this.
  4. Yeah, but the trades and stuff are just done through a datapack, right? Or isn't that possible with that yet? Sorry for the questions, I'm not interested enough to carefully watch the entire video (especially as I'm quite tired at the moment, so I'd rather not watch any video at all to give my mind some rest), but I'm too interested to just ignore this. :p
    It is nice to see SkyBlock again every now and then... it's one of the oldest custom maps! I had my own spin on it, once, called Floating Islands, but it stopped working after the lava and water items were removed from the game. :(
  5. Ya the trades and mob drops are all through datapacks which are included in the map download. So I guess I didn't need to download the mod after all since I wasn't making my own map. Although I might try that out sometime. :D
    607 likes this.
  6. Also for obtaining water (since you do not start with any) you just need to craft a cauldron and let it catch rain water. Takes awhile but it's the only way I think. Then once it's full you can use the bucket to remove it. Repeat once more and you have an unlimited water source.

Another test.. since no water. How does one get lower on the map to get the best mob spawn rates? :p (You start on level 225 btw. I almost at level 150 :D The answer is interesting and I will see if anyone else can guess :D
    607 likes this.
  7. Hm, maybe you can use boats? One to fall off the island and place a new block one down, and one on the edge of the island to escape into.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.