Soulbound Wolves?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Daynsyy, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Hi everyone!

I did a search and couldn't see this mentioned so I thought I might just pop this on in here.

As a long time creative player, whenever I play survival, I truly, truly suck. I try to find wolves as often as I can to help me fight and therefore, survive! I managed to find some pretty quickly in the wastelands the first time I ventured, and after nipping back to the town, also lost my wolves.

It would be great if there was some form of custom enchantment that might allow this to happen? Or maybe give you time to reclaim them in some way like dropped items after death? Just makes life a little easier for the pipsqueaks :)

Happy mining anyway everyone!
    Renton_Strife and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. If you use a stick on any animal they will turn into a spawn egg. This allows you to safely bring them back and tame them in town.
  3. Oh wow, I had no idea! Thank you! ^_^
    Shadow_Dcord, ShelLuser, 607 and 2 others like this.
  4. That moment when you lose 100 rupees because you need wolves to fight for you.... Tragic.
    607, Equinox_Boss and ThaKloned like this.
  5. Get 2 and them bring them back to town and breed more of them. There is no cost to egg anything while in town. Just need some flesh to breed them.
    607, Equinox_Boss and Daynsyy like this.
  6. I kinda like the idea of this but with some changes. Have ready to use wolf eggs available to purchase from /shopworld. Kinda like starter horses but with wolves. The catch is they aren't soulbound and when they die during an attack you don't get them back. Assuming they don't die they can be egged and still be fully matured next time you want to use them.
    It's a money pit but great if you're a server hopper.
  7. If you have a Magical Wand (the blaze rod thing), its only 50 rupees per egg
  8. That's pretty expensive, though, so I think it'd be better to wait for the promo to rerelease itself. Isn't it released every Easter?
    PhoenixAffinity and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. I'm struggling in the Overworld as it is haha, I'll save The Nether 'til I've got my sea legs I think! :D
    Equinox_Boss and ThaKloned like this.
  10. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Nope!!! It was released in 2015 and not 2016. So maybe one can hope it'll be released here in 2017.
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  12. I think people sell them for 20k? Not sure though.
  13. Then you'd need to eggify 20000/50 = 400+ animals outside of town for it to save you anything... ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I once used mine to eggify a large number of bred wolves that would've been left to a waste reset.

I'm on my phone I'll find the post about that later.
  15. I'd like to see the Stable expanded to include any type of eggable entity. My main motivation is to make it easier to move Villagers around, but it would also work for this case where you want to avoid having to wait for an egged animial to grow to adulthood and re-tame it. I can see it being used for villagers, dogs, colored Sheep, or any other adult animal.
  16. Instead of wolves you could also consider trying to invest in some solid armor and gear. That's bound to keep you safe for a while :)
  17. Definitely on my to do list :)
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. But let's be real here. Everyone loves wolves.
  19. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. That it does but the promo item 607 is talking about can't be obtained from the nether. It can be obtained by purchase from player shops that sell promos. It looks like a blaze rod but it isn't a blaze rod.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.