(Somewhat) Free Items for New Players

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by triphora, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Hello all!

I've set up a small "shop" (I make no profits from this) for new players to get some iron tools- for free! I've also put in there a book copy of the New Player Guide for 1r, and a stack of cooked cod for 1r! If there are any new players who need iron tools, feel free to direct them to /v +new on smp2 :D

I am also looking for people to sell the book version of the NPG at their own shops! PM me using this link if you'd like to sell them :)
  2. Wonderful idea, waffle. I may borrow your idea, and set one of these up on smp8, just for more flexability, if this is alright with you of course.
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  3. Of course, go ahead! After I get some feathers I'll send over some copies of the New Player Guide book :)
    BenMA likes this.
  4. That's cool, but don't you think you will be out of stock in no-time, either because of greedy new players or greedy not-so-new players?
    Stnywitness likes this.
  5. Well, I hope not, is all I can say. I think the EMC community as a whole is better than that. And even if it does happen, iron is cheaper than dirt :p
    AnonReturns, Stnywitness and 607 like this.
  6. That is nice of you to do this! :)

Iron is not cheaper than dirt.
    607 and wafflecoffee like this.
  7. There is free stuff for new players also at +info on smp9 (or is it smp8??).
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  8. This is a fantastic idea! It would be wonderful if every SMP had an area to help out new players like this. On smp9 I have the New Player Facility (19405 or +help) which generally serves the same purpose. It's awesome to see another one of these pop up on smp2! Let's keep this going, the new players are the future of EMC!

9. Waffle never Ceases to amaze me.
    fantastic idea! New players will love this!
    607 and wafflecoffee like this.