Something to hold on to....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gaming_Comander, Jun 6, 2019.

1. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject, but I'm gonna clear this up one more time. I completely respect players wishes to leave, I'm ok with change. I'm not just gonna beg people to stay, it's their decision. My motivation practice is driven towards people who have given up in 1.14 coming to EMC :D
    Captain__Foxy and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  2. I agree, the negativity needs to stop. I get that waiting for so long and wanting to play with the newest thing can make people leave, and complain on the forums, but people have to remember that the devs are working hard to get the custom code to work with the newest update, and I'm sure all the negativity won't make them work faster. They will release the update when they feel that it is ready, and that it will be something that they can be proud of. If you don't agree with how long it's taking, and how they are handling things, don't go and make a thread about it. You are only going to spread that negativity, and that won't change the state of things, it will only make things worse.
  3. Thanks for putting it in a better way than I can explain :)
  4. These new members are not going to stick around too long if they realize this server is unplayable because the time wasn't put in have almost no down time due to bugs, performance issues, etc. As you mentioned, this was a problem in a past update and that one took almost a year iirc. We're still here after that. And besides, I don't think it's lack of updated versions that are keeping people from staying. It's a lack of interest in MC in general, across all servers. The game is getting stale for many.
  5. I’m not dead you know -_-
  6. .. might I note my reply would not have been negativity towards the long update time, but rather a concept several times stated, best by Arkon and Otus:
    A lot of us are growing up into new stages of life. Also, at least some, maybe also a lot, have played the game since it was young.... It's overdue for us to fizz out..

I get your point, I just wanted to note I don't want to be counted as one of the negative replies, because I'm not really being negative- my reasons for leaving are positive. I'm ready for change, and I'm looking forward to it....
    Foxy_Kitty and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  7. I wasn't going off as, "Hey EMC, push your updates faster to get 1.14 out" I am going off on the MC updates how they are pushing something that could potentially harm MC and EMC as a general. Hope that clarifies. Also I do agree, the trend of MC peaked at 2013, gathered some points this year but are trending down again
  8. EMC is made up of a variety of different players. There's always the new generations that some people have mentioned already. There's mature adults and people who don't play MC anymore, but stick around anyway. Speaking with experience of leaving and coming back, this is Minecraft. A lot of people just have "game phases," when they play one game until it gets kind of stale. (I'm having some of those these days).

Tbh, I used to make these kinds of posts, but looking back, I should've thought more about it lel. I thought that losing players or your entire res meant the end of the world, but that was short-sighted of me. The fact that people are coming back despite losing their interest in MC displays the true significance of EMC, its current strength not its "dying presence." Anyway, please don't take this personally, just wanted to share my opinion. :D
  9. Very nice post but I fear that the cause of these problems runs much deeper than just 1.14. There's also 1.13 which has been skipped (even though a lot of other servers have been running it without extensive issues) and the fact that the general interest in Minecraft is also in a rather serious decline.

Heck, I've seen this happening with myself. I still really like Minecraft for what it is and when I don't bother myself with all the "update hoo-ha's" then I can have a really good time. Not so much with 1.14 but most definitely with 1.13 which I still consider as one of the best updates we've had so far. In my maybe slightly arrogant opinion even better than 1.14 is.

Honestly? I can't help wonder if Minecraft isn't also losing players because of 1.14 itself, as crazy as this may sound.

I tried 1.14, even got my gf to join into exploring (same as we did with 1.13's snapshots) and well... it just doesn't really click with me so far. You go explore the new blocks only to discover that 2 or 3 of them don't have any real function at all just yet even though they are craftable (nice way to make players lose their stuff :confused:), the whole villager thing makes sense but if you want to be critical you can also argue that part of that feels a lot like "making things more difficult & complex because "new features"".

Iron farms? Prepare to start over; villager farms? idemditto.

So yeah, is it possible that some players simply grow tired of Minecraft entirely and then blame that on something else such as EMC?

I personally blame 1.13 myself (not entirely serious mind you!)... but 1.13 was such a massive update that I sometimes can't help feel that 1.14 is a bit lackluster. Even though it honestly has some really solid and logical changes and updates.
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one who acknowledges this. I've brought this up before and they try to tell me that Minecraft regained it's popularity, almost on par with 2013 levels. Of course, no use trying to reason with those people if they choose to believe what they want, yeah?
  11. Well, I can back up that opinion with plain facts... I still have a few "other" servers in my list and although I hardly visit any of them I do keep taps on some. Well... I can see player numbers decline (one server even combined 2 servers into one and started to give free in-game money to players as a reward for playing) even on servers that have been on 1.13 for quite a while now.

I also see it on Minecraft fora which I sporadically visit. Nowadays you hardly see anything interesting at all. I really enjoy following redstone fora because of the interesting problems you see there, but these days? lol, in one specific fora I can still see a tutorial which I wrote on a whim almost 1.5 years ago :p

oh well... I an planning to hop online onto EMC this weekend though.
  12. Or the people to tell people to leave and never come back because they dont like that the updates are slow
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. In my opinion this thread came off as an opinion to why emc is "dying". I understand your approach and we don't want to divert the meaning of this thread but i feel your wording of the thread had an underlying meaning as an explanation to emc's decline.
  14. 40 minutes of road-tripping really puts me into a writing mood, eh? thank you :D
  15. Yes, even though I has reread it several times, I felt like my point hadn't been driven as intended, which is my own fault
    Joy_the_Miner and ArkonXT like this.
  16. Thanks for posting this! I'm not sure why people are saying that it won't work if... etc. it will definitely help change some minds. I, for one, am tired of waiting but I've come back from my break and will not leave EMC for the life of me.

Good luck dev, staff, and players on the wait for 1.13+, it will come :)
    Joy_the_Miner and MoreMoople like this.