Something to hold on to....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gaming_Comander, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Hello everybody. Just by that first sentence this thread is different, as I didn't say, 'Howdy y'all!' XD. Look, real talk for a second. For the past week, I've seen more players complaining about their friends leaving because of 1.14 and players threatening to leave out of boredom more than I ever have in my 2 and a half years here. It breaks my heart to see EMC, a server based on community, divided.

In history, a community divided has never ended well. I fear for the future of EMC because of this issue. You may be thinking that I'm inexperienced in the subject of players leaving, but remember that I just lost my best friend because of the 1.14 dilemma, THE_OP_VILLAGER.

It's not my place to beg players leaving to come back and wait for the update to arrive, but all I want to do is encourage you. I want to encourage you people to stay strong while we wait for 1.14 to come out. I know that you all have already used up all your creativity on 1.12, and want more. I know some of you are on the edge of you seats waiting to play the new features on EMC. I know because I'm one of those people.

But I cant stand by and see the community debate as the weather or not 1.14 is coming anytime soon. Please understand the 1.13 was already stressful enough for the developers, and they are all hard at work on 1.14.

If you have nothing else to do in game, maybe browse the forums a bit, there is so much to discover. We have a blog, where there is much to learn. We have players who host weekly events if you are bored, and we have community discussions and a few that with to entertain you folks with comics, videos, livestreams, etc. There is so much to discover outside of the game.

If we can all come together as one and have hope, then maybe once EMC updates, your friends will come back, joy will be restored. Then, once we do update, you can play with all the new features, swim with dolphins, wrestle an emerald out of a fox's mouth, or just chat with other players. But until then can you make me a promise, and tell me straight up that you'll stay with me and be positive. We are a community, made up of people from all around the world.

Together, we are strong. Together, we are happy. Together, we are family.

EDIT: Please keep in mind that my mission is to motivate people who have lost hope in 1.14 coming. Don't feel like I'm not ready for change, and don't want people to leave, which isn't the case at all. I just feel like this was something to clear up after looking at the comments
  2. I would love to swim into an underwater mineshaft, but... until 1.13 or 1.14 is here, that dream is on hold... :(

I will keep my mind positive as much as possible for the future of EMC.
  3. This is great and all, but my candle is dimming out. I have stuff to do in life, such as relationships, music, future careers, schooling, getting an job for early income, drivers license, so much stuff honestly.
    My time for this community is draining, it may be that I'll come back again, but honestly it wont be the same again as before.

It is boring now, just minecraft in general, it isn't a 1.12 issue, but the fact that everyone is leaving is also a part in it. Honestly, its such a waste of time, minecraft is honestly just a pixelated game on a computer, yes, you do have fun with friends online, but what you miss out in real life is honestly extraordinary.
    I will not waste my time on a block game.

The forums have gotten a bit more boring as well, as I check them less and less, and my most played forum game New Nations has run dry, it is not fun anymore, neither is the Hunger Games.

Life is evolving, i'm 15. The next 6 years are literally the most important, it will literally dictate my future, not some block building game.

I'm sorry, but I might be leaving to, or at least come back less and less.
  4. I don't think the expectation for 1.14 should be something to leave EMC for. If people are really devoted to this server then that shouldn't matter

People come and go, nobody's gonna stay around forever. Even as we lose old members we get more new members. My passion for Minecraft died a long time ago, but I still hang around EMC because I genuinely do enjoy it here
  5. This is just my opinion - it may be slightly biased because I am banned - but I don't think 1.14 will be released by the end of the year. In fact, it may not come out at all at this rate... ):
  6. If EMC doesn't give you more than you put into it, I do think you should leave. We aren't a family, we aren't a congregation, we aren't even a workplace. You do not have responsibilities here. Even if you are staff, you are free to step down at any time. If you do not enjoy EMC, there is no need at all to stay. It would be nice to pm some way to contact you to your friends, but you are entirely free to just leave. Because EMC is a hobby, not a duty.
  7. This thread was sincerely driven towards people who have lost all hope in the anticipated update, but I appreciate such wise words
  8. :rolleyes: such drama!
  9. What i think driving out the playerbase isn't as much of an update conflict as it is the phasing out of a generation. EMC's main playerbase is full of teens and adults who have school and adult life to keep them out of emc. Also, the most active players have been playing for years and it's understandable they're getting bored. This generation of emc is going away and is being replaced by a younger group of players like me and BennyLikesCake. Whether or not it becomes as large as the previous generation, there's no way to tell. We just have to hope enough players can fill the gap created by the players that have left.

Like all cycles, this transition always leaves a dead gap for an extended period of time, and the fact that all of the smps are so "dead" compared to a few months to a year ago is this dead gap taking effect.
  10. This is wonderfully written. I don't think I could have said it better myself.
    ArkonXT, PetezzaDawg, Elaeric and 6 others like this.
  11. They release 1.14.x, has tons of bugs, players go elsewhere because they can't play.
    They don't release 1.14.x, players go elsewhere because they can't play the latest version.

It's lose-lose.
  12. I appreciate your mindful wording, but I want you to keep in mind the intention of this thread. I am completely aware players come and go, but the negativity involving the update needs to stop. The issue about the playerbase we have growing up and leaving is a topic that is unavoidable, and that is something I am ok with. In the first post to this thread i addressed that I'm not gonna beg you not to go, because I am aware of players wanting to depart. This thread needed a lot of thought to make. On one side, we have players who have been with this server for so long with no intention of departure, while the other side has those players who have been eagerly awaiting 1.14 and are growing impatient. Everything you said I was completely aware of. I'm in that playerbase of teens and adults afterall. Btw, that final part about the cycles, was beautiful
    ArkonXT and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  13. Another driving point of me creating this thread. For about an hour and a half before making this thread, I was looking at the forums and seeing players complain about the update, and some are upset over the loss of their friends. But I thought that even though I'm of no authoritarian position to even be writing this, I thought we needed something to help out
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  14. I think some people forget how great we have it here. When's the last time the server was down? And when it was down it likely wasn't for long. That's because the time was taken to make sure it all runs smoothly. I would take a longer delay vs. rushing an unplayable version.
    607, Ariesis, Joy_the_Miner and 2 others like this.
  15. I remember when the server temporarily shut down, and it didn't take long at all to get it back up. It's this ambition that makes me proud to be here
    Otus_NigRum and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  16. Meh, all this leaving because the update is ridiculous in my Opinion. I have no problem playing emc. I am 18, trying to get a job go to college, etc. I spend alot of time building or talking to old and new friends. I have had friends leave but I moved on and continued to play because I enjoyed it. If you want to leave because of the update then please go ahead. It isn't just EMC having a problem with 1.13 and 1.14. Most servers stay on on 1.8-12. And probably will because the newest updates have so many bugs. So like I said, leave if you want. I enjoy this community so that is why I say
  17. I feel as though I missed the entire point of the thread entirely. My mission was to motivate people who have lost hope in 1.14 coming. Instead, I made it seem like I'm not ready for change, and don't want people to leave, which isn't the case at all
    Joy_the_Miner and Ariesis like this.
  18. Hoping EMC is around for 1.14 to be released ;)
  19. Well I had a reply then realized your post stating what you meant. bleh. sorry :p
  20. Wow two threads this week relating to EMC, oh my...

If anyone can recall the 1.9 update where they "updated" the combat. EMC was spit apart on if we should update or not. It's the same piddly stuff where 1.13/1.14 update changes something for better or worse of the majority of players. If you leave EMC for following updates, (Although they take their time doing so) just realize that EMC is a business and they must follow trends to keep relevant and possibly gain new members. Those new members have a chance to purchase supporter-ships to keep the server afloat. You may hate the new update but that's how it is.

I noticed that you are trying to motivate players as well to stay, well that can only work if they are invested into the server and they have people to talk to. You can coax them to stay but if they have their mind set of leaving, then not much you can do about that.