Someone exploited a mistake in my shop and stole 400,000r

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Shaaades, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It does however make him the kind of person we don't want on EMC. People who would abuse a very obvious mistake have low moral character. Very likely the same kind of person who will steal, grief, use cheats.
    gollark8 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. Yes
    Trapper777 and Michael_Nolan like this.
  3. No
  4. I know the situation your in is not nice but there is not much anyone can do about it except ask the person who did this for the money back (if they accept!)
  5. You don't care much about rupees? Whats the achievement that says 500k?
  6. I was going to donate some money for my 250th day today. I guess this counts...
  7. EMC members have this very bad habit of blaming the victims of crime. We really need to change this attitude. It is an inherent flaw. Aero, I sent you 10k. I know it isn't what you lost, but I hope it helps a little.

I hope they get rid of the person who did this.
    Michael_Nolan, Lasluin and DogsRNice like this.
  8. In the case of a miss-written sign then yes, The 'victim' is to blame, He placed the sign down not the person who stole the rupees, Sure the other guy isn't all good and rainbows.
  9. Yeah, I'm sure you have never made a mistake in your life.
    DogsRNice likes this.
  10. "Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Thomas Wayne
    Maybe next time he will check his shop signs twice.
  11. I've made plenty of mistakes, However I got over them and learned from it.
  12. You're not much help.
    gollark8 likes this.
  13. To be honest, I would of also profited from his mistakes but that doesnt mean that I steal, grief, or cheat.

Its just smart business :)
  14. There is nothing this guy can get banned from, it is complete your fault as u need to make sure u double check your prices
  15. Like many, I've had people take advantage of shop mistakes. Still, just change the mistake, there's not much you can do about it.
  16. Not according to this.

17. It might have been a completely different scenario. What the user has done is buy and re sell at huge profit from his mistake. There is nothing bannable about it. Sure its bannable from his res but nothing else.
  18. The lack of character in this thread makes me feel a bit ill. I'll be stepping out.

GL Aero
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.