Some Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Stnywitness, Sep 28, 2019.

?

Like These Suggestions?

Yup 4 vote(s) 40.0%
...eh 5 vote(s) 50.0%
Nope 1 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Hello Empire!

I have a few suggestions that I believe will most likely enhance your Empire Minecraft experience.

Suggestion 1: Update the Games Server. It has been quite a while since our most beloved games (rainbowchin, b4dimon says, spleef, etc.) have been in working order. If we are going to have a games server, then keep it in working order, and if not, why have one???

Suggestion 2: We all "like" posts and threads. Why not "love" a post or "dislike" a post, just like facebook or youtube? I think it would be an easy think to add, and I think it would add a lot more enjoyment to the Empire site.

Suggestion 3: Increase the Derelict limit. I know so many people that have had there residence wiped. Its just a part of the package when it comes to empire. You come to our server, if you don't come back within a month everything you have worked on is lost. I know we have to consider the servers getting filled up, but it wouldn't hurt to raise the limit to maybe a couple months or so, right? Personally, I hadn't gotten on empire in 45 days, and when I returned everything I had built was obliterated. Lost in the system. I feel like it would take away a lot of trouble and pain and maybe a few tears, if we just increased the limit. :)

Suggestion 4: Hold more events that people come to. I know a lot of events that happen often, but people just sometimes don't come or show up. But a Staff vs. the World event, or firefloor, will sometimes attract maybe 20-50 people. Hold more events like that. Harvest Day and Miners Mania is fun...but if you hold them every week, it gets kind of old.

Suggestion 5: Similar to Suggestion #4, but different. Hold some NEW events. I can't think of the last time we had a new event come onto the table. Make up a new game, create a cool terrain, make some rules, and have some NEW, entertaining fun! Firefloor and Mob Arena are fun, but think of all the cool new games we could create! Capture the Flag, Paintball, Skywars, Gladiator Competitions, Etc.!

Suggestion 6: Ever wish that tokens had another purpose? Do you have a lot of tokens laying around? (I personally have never spent a SINGLE token. I have like 75000, and I have no idea what to do with them). Here is an interesting thought: What if you could recycle tokens for currency? :eek: Say, if you did: /recycle tokens [amount] you'd get some rupees back, depending on how many tokens you recycled? Example: If I recycled 5000 tokens, I'd get a couple thousand rupees. And if the recycle option doesn't work, instead, we could add another purpose for the tokens. Like if you want to expand your vault, you could either spend the amount of rupees it calls for, use a vault voucher, or pay a certain amount of tokens to expand it as well. That way, tokens would actually be used in the Empire community (not saying they don't get used, but still...).

Suggestion 7: Will add in the future.

Suggestion 8: Will add in the future.

Suggestion 9: Will add in the future.

Suggestion 10: Will add in the future.

So there are my suggestions. Tell me what you think! :D
    Remember, these are just some SUGGESTIONS. I am not trying to rude. :) Empire is awesome.
    JDHallows, SkeleTin007, 607 and 3 others like this.
  2. These are for the most part good, but I'll try my best to testify against them. Debate class for the win!
    Rebuttal 1: All the games I play in Funland work. Haven't played all of them, but quite a few. Mind listing the ones that don't work? My opinion will be given after.

Rebuttal 2: I really don't see a huge use for this. +0 no stance

Rebuttal 3: This has been dress many, many times in the past. +0 no stance

Rebuttal 4: Quite a few people go to large events simply because they are large and therefore special. Many people don't attend events due to scheduling errors. The reason large events are so large is because they are typically announced with a long period before hand so people can attend. -1

Rebuttal 5: Squiddy Sandbox. 60% sure it was made 3 weeks ago. +1 would enjoy Firefloor Fist Fight

Rebuttal 6: Tokens have been being workshopped for quite a while now. Pretty sure they are a currency of sorts for the Empires update. Not quite tho. -1 due to already suggested and already being worked on.

No hard feelings! Just hope you can see the other point of view on some of these stances :)
  3. I've heard the "add a dislike button to the forums" suggestion before. It really doesn't make much sense, plus, staff has shot it down in the past. I do not see it getting implemented anytime soon.
  4. +1, agreed. There's not that much to do over there, also because last time I looked most games were inactive, and the ones that do work are usually multiplayer. Which I think is a shame... I can't help but think that a competition ("build a game for the games server") could be fun, let the community try and help out...

I'm sure many of us would have to seriously adapt to 1.12 again (I really enjoy the new commandset in Minecraft) but it's worth a try I think...

I agree but I seriously doubt that this is ever going to happen. It has been suggested plenty of times before (even by yours truly) and although I don't fully agree with the arguments against them I do think they make sense. It basically boils down to EMC wanting to stay focused on the positive and not so much the negative. Ergo going with (this is my interpretation only): "If you don't have anything nice to say (or share) then maybe don't share at all...". I may not fully agree but I do think it's a good argument. Especially if you keep the context of a game server in mind.

-1, sorry but I have to disagree on this one. EMC already does so much to prevent residences getting lost and I'm not even talking about the permanent derelict voucher.

See, there's something you're missing here... if you go derelict then this doesn't mean that your res. will get reset the very instant it happens. In fact.. if you're a veteran player then the "reset mechanic" will keep this in mind and will prioritize the reset of your residence lower than that of a newer player.

What I'm saying here is that someone who has been playing for 2 weeks and then leaves for 2 months has a good chance of finding their residence to have gone p00f when they return. But for someone who has been playing for 2 years and then leaves for 2 months this is much less likely. Of course it could have been forceclaimed, but the reset system would leave the res. alone for a while.

-1, sorry. Even though I hardly visit events myself I think diversity and quality should be more important that quality. I mean... what about those players who enjoy those smaller events?

Also... by not doing some events regularly you make sure that they stay special and won't become boring. I dare predict that even staff vs. the world is going to get boring if it were to be held every week.

Sometimes less = more.

Don't pick this up the wrong way but.... why not suggest something new yourself? Creating something new sounds a lot easier than it actually is ;)

Sure, it could be a good idea but I don't think it's fair to fully drop the ball on staff for this one. I'm sure that if players can come up with a new and fun idea for an event that staff will at least hear them out and consider it. Heck, they've done this before I think (I didn't follow up on it but that "staff vs. the world + building" ?).

-1. It has been said several times that the whole idea of tokens is to have a 2nd personal based currency. And exchanging them for rupees would undo all of that.

While I do agree that their use is limited (res. biome change and buying some promos iirc) there might be more coming ;)
  5. Disclaimer: This is my opinion not the opinion of staff

Suggestion 1: I agree that I'd like them to be fixed but I don't think it's vital. Is the games server even worth the effort? (excluding firefloor/mob arena e.t.c)

Suggestion 2: I don't see any need for a love button, likes aren't that common anyways. And a dislike button could definitely bring some negativity which we really don't need

Suggestion 3: This is something I could get behind with the decrease of activity, and I don't think it'd be too hard to increase (change a few numbers around in the code?)

Suggestion 5: Well.... I did start a brand new event a few weeks back ;) Turnout has been pretty atrocious so far though so we need players to either get behind the events or not

Suggestion 6: This has been suggested loads iirc and I think a better alternative would be giving tokens more use rather than allowing transition between tokens and rupees
    NuclearBobomb, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  6. I agree that it would be interesting to see updates to Games. There were whispers of an EMC Olympics, and then they didn't happen. Not sure entirely what's going on there, but I also know that I'd rather have dolphins and pandas before we do that. (Not to mention that I'm sure 1.13 and 1.14 will break more than is already broken)

No. -1000. I like the simplicity of the current system, and I think that a dislike button can only bring negativity. Imagine if every person who disagreed with one of your suggestions disliked your post.

I'm unopposed to a 45 day limit, but ShelLuser makes some interesting points. If the system works the way they said, I'm happy as it is.

I've been around for just over a year and seen only two Staff vs. the World events. While I personally am not a fan of participating in them, I think it would be cool to see one ever y4 or 6 months or so. 2 or 3 a year pretty consistently is just often enough that it's not repetitive, and also gives people the chance to go to at least one (hopefully).

Firefloor, as of late, has been held pretty consistently and seen a lot of interaction. I'm happy with the current rate of it.

I'm also a fan of Harvest Day and Miner Mania. I like the quiet environments.

Tldr; More Staff vs the World. Don't mess with Firefloor, Harvest Day, or Miner Mania.

Unopposed. These sound fun.

No. Tokens are meant for the Dragon Tombs update.
  7. I'm currently trying to get a few new events together. :) I've heard a lot of requests for Staff vs the World lately, and although I am terrible at PvP, I'll see if I can get one together!

If you have any event suggestions, I am open to trying out new ideas. I can't guarantee that everything will work out, but you're always welcome to send me a PM to give input on the events you want to see. :D
  8. I don't have a lot of time to reply right now, and my main point of issue is suggestion #2, which others have already commented on and a thorough reply requires quite some thought...
    So right now I'll just point out that Facebook doesn't have dislikes, and YouTube doesn't show them, so it's pretty pointless. :p

Thanks for putting time into EMC by thinking of these suggestions and writing the post. :)
    NuclearBobomb and Stnywitness like this.
  9. Thanks for the feedback guys/gals.

I definitely enjoy your opinion, even if it goes against my suggestions--I still appreciate it.

I have a lot of ideas for some Empire Events we could have in the future, do you know who I tell them to?
  10. You can send me a PM with your ideas. :) I can always pass them on and get more staff involved. It would also be good to include Krysyy, as she is in charge of events.
  11. What really we should suggest is to be updated to 1.14.4. We really missed the influx of older members returning back to minecraft insurgence from big name you tubers. The events would hold more players if we kept updated, plus newer mind for ideas for events.

I agree, games server has fallen on the back burner for the updates and those have been slow.... I don't need to explain why.

Suggestion 2 is a no for me dawg.

Sugesetion 3 will make sense like players like myself that have been around for more than a couple of years. But there has been a clause in place where you message Krysyy to keep your residence from being claimed by the system.

I would just remove tokens entirely. Like how Roblox had Tix and Roblux, didn't make much sense having double currency.
    NuclearBobomb and Stnywitness like this.
  12. I agree, EMC does really need to get on 1.14.4
    I'm not saying that they aren't trying, but they really do need to do some serious troubleshooting and update the server :) Thx 4 your other feedback
    NuclearBobomb likes this.
  13. Reponses in green
  14. Thanks for your responses, Krysyy!! :)

Although this one is disappointing. :p
    Stnywitness likes this.
  15. Thanks for your info Krysyy :)
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  16. Blech.. this is why I seriously dislike your way of answering: you can't properly respond. C'mon...

Anyway..

Command blocks broke? I suppose I should not be stirring this but what you're basically saying is that regular commands no longer work, because in the end that's what command blocks do: run basic commands with a different privilege (admin). As such this sounds very weird and awkward to me, unless of course Aikar's adjustments managed to seriously turn the server completely incompatible with Mojangs setup... which seems odd to me but not impossible I suppose, overspecialize.... and bad stuff can happen.

But to address something....

You gave them in advance, ok, but.. where does this leave new players? I mean.. if you need a LOT of them then I now foresee serious issues because isn't that going to demotivate new players to keep on playing? I say this considering the fact you're addressing a regular here and basically say he needs a LOT of tokens. Being a regular. So for a newbie....

And let's be honest; a server needs newbies to survive. Aya and me went back to "another place" today (only because it was 1.14 compatible) and we basically didn't recognize anyone, not even some helpers. But it was still 1.14, still the same atmosphere and working decently well (but laggish).

Which... hey, I play the devils advocate for sure but I also insist on playing the game fairly. I love both servers, fair enough, but I also admire the fact that you guys manage to easily attract 2.5x more players while EMC is 1.12 and "other place" is 1.14. Specifically (time of writing): EMC: 40 players, "other place": 16 players. That demands respect too.
    Burki, Stnywitness, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Why disrespect someone based on how they reply to someone? He was simply giving her a "thank you" for chiming in~

Though that's just me, feel free to disagree if you wish but I do not care. ^^
    UltiPig, ThaKloned and Stnywitness like this.
  18. The reference seemed to be in regards to the krysyy formatting of the answers she gave. Not referencing the content of her answers. At least, that is how I read it.
    HazardousCode, Stnywitness and 607 like this.
  19. Mojang conversion to 1.12 messed the standard commands up, yes. Our command blocks were not created in 1.12 so they need to all be changed...

As for the dragon tomb tokens in advance, this is the manner in which Aikar wanted to do this. Newbies will have to work harder to earn tokens to advance. Any newbie in any game can expect to put in effort to get to where the other players are. That's just standard in any game experience. Experienced players will have a head start.