Some questions on Outpost Mining

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Hashhog, Dec 12, 2013.

?

Mining Options

You cannot mine hardened/stained clay or red sand anywhere. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
You can mine hardened/stained clay or red sand anywhere. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
You can only mine clay or sand anywhere with my permission. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
There will be a large designated area/quarry for the purpose of mining away from the valley. 3 vote(s) 50.0%
You may mine in the valley to create caves and such with my permission. 1 vote(s) 16.7%
Both (4) and (5). 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Something else (comment in thread) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. So, I am considering finding a mesa biome and making an outpost there. I've already come up with some really cool architectural designs. But the problem is, I would want to preserve the beauty of the biome. So I wouldn't want people mining clay or red sand other than to make caves and rooms. So the questions are (a), would I, as the owner of such a base, be allowed to ban taking these resources, and (b), would people even want to be in a mesa outpost where you can't mine clay? Here are a few options, which I put into the poll above.

1. You cannot mine hardened/stained clay or red sand anywhere.
    2. You can mine hardened/stained clay or red sand anywhere.
    3. You can only mine clay or sand anywhere with my permission.
    4. There will be a large designated area/quarry for the purpose of mining away from the valley.
    5. You may mine in the valley to create caves and such with my permission.
    6. Both (4) and (5).

I really think that option (6) would be great, to have a quarry in order to preserve the valley but still get clay (and maybe even red sand) and yet be able to mine out caves and structures with my permission. What do you all think?
  2. You should just allow people to mine everywhere but the visable layers
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  3. I think #4 would be best, espeically if you are wanting to preserve the outpost area.

#5 would work if you are planning on building dwellings in the "cliffs" of the meso landscape, but maybe keep it to a minimum, so its not full of holes?

~Kia
    hashhog3000 likes this.