Some of my own Music I wrote - Otus

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by Otus_NigRum, Feb 9, 2019.

?

Should I write more stuff?

Yes, I like it alot 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes, I LOVE IT A LOT 4 vote(s) 100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. So I've been playing guitar for about a year and a month now, and every so often I get an urge to suddenly sit down and write. In this thread, I'll be showing all of my creations.

Just to note that I am in no way a pro, and I also don't have any recording software or anything like that, so most of the videos are going to be low quality visually. I use a Surface Pro Tablet to record, I just set it beside my amp haha.

Anyways, I wrote this riff in like 10 minutes. It just fell out of my hands as you can say, I just started playing and this is what I came up with.

btw that stain is peeling wood or something

As you can see, the video is literally my Surface Pro beside my amp with the camera recorder on. Not much quality, lol. If anyone has any video and sound recording tips I would really appreciate. I don't want any high budget editing software, just some things that'll take me 2 seconds to do.

Thank you, all feedback is needed, I'll post more material when I get my urges.

Specs:
    Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul Special ii
    Amplifier: Fender Mustang V.2 Amplifier
  2. Fellow Epiphone LP player I see! Liking the sound from your amp too. Can't beat good a ol chunky E power chord.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  3. this is some nice jamming

also LES PAULS!!

didn't start with "anyway, here's wonderwall" so i'm gonna have to take points off it though sorry
    Otus_NigRum and jeniusplay like this.
  4. If it was an actual Gibson I would be happier! Still, fine with what I got though, but a Gibson never hurt.

Still trying to get out of the power chord box! It sounds amazing but if I rely on it too much I'll become a punk player. The amp was only 169 dollars, I didn't think good sound would come from it, but for a starting rig, it works pretty well. Just gotta dial in the proper tones.
    Mochoa_Frap and jeniusplay like this.
  5. I need more opinions
  6. Here is some more, this time I would call it a Death Metal riff, although when you have 10-46 gauge strings you can't really say "Death Metal" :p

Anyways, I wrote this off of the Spider chord technique, it just sort of came to me while I was jamming around and I really like it. Probably sounds better in person :D

Mochoa_Frap likes this.
  7. Nice! :)
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  8. New material! Most of this is just improv, I based it around a riff and I just went HAM! Enjoy!:

9. Make a song in drop B, make it like Slipknot.
  10. I'm not like everyone else who plays in drop b just to hide the fact they suck
  11. Not to start beef again but you try to get up on stage and play what Slipknot and other bands play constantly, over and over again. It takes talent to even get up on stage in front of a crowd to play stuff. Don't judge talent based on a lower tuning lower than drop d.
  12. And stop making a big deal out of everything I say that you don't like
  13. I'm sorry, I just get really defensive when someone says that detuning means you don't have any talent
  14. I'm not saying all bands who detune suck, but some will detune to where the only thing going for them is being "Heavy"
  15. And hell nah, I don't want to be like Slipknot at all
  16. Audacity is sweet and it's free to be able to record/edit/add vocals
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  17. Can I just plug in my amp and then record?