So I'm writing a book.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 72Volt, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Much more than simply a charity. I have designed the blueprints for it, it shall be an organization dedicated to creating fully sustainable humanitarian aid, acting as a completely impartial diplomatic service with the goal of acting as a middleman and guiding all countries and organizations to world peace and political unity, having a strong advocate presence throughout the world's political forums in order to achieve these objectives, and mobilizing the entire human populace through the media to achieve these goals.

It'll be backed by a chain of businesses I shall create.
  2. A friend of mine was on her blackberry and couldn't access the Drive document I put up, so I put it through pastebin and sent her that link

3. Srs though, not a word lol
    :confused:
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  4. I look forward to tackling the "water-tight" evidence in chapter 3 :). But besides that, I wish you luck on your personal quest of understanding, and offer three pieces of advice (to be taken with a grain of salt):
    1. Whether by lack of scientific and philosophical study, or by an innate inadequacy, no human has ever completely understood the workings of the universe. I'm not saying it's impossible, and I'm certainly not discouraging anyone from trying to, but bare in mind that we are still far from a complete scientific understanding of the universe.
    2. Stay objective, but realize that the meaning of objectivity is, at a human level, subjective - don't let someone decide something for you (respect your parents regardless), and give people the opportunity to figure things out for themselves.
    3. If you haven't studied theoretical physics at all, I highly recommend you start. Even outside of the context of (anti)theism, it's an incredibly interesting topic, and will definitely help to expand your mind. Here's a well-known yet baffling place to start:

Anyway, good luck - I'm eager to see the result!
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  5. Lol
  6. Well uh... Good luck I guess :/
  7. '...people have rejected what are clearly the only true paths to truth and fact in the universe in favour of fantasy, simply because it's more comforting to hear in their opinion...' This brings to mind my theory regarding the creation of religion: Hope that the world does not end at death, and that love ones lost will be found again. I too am atheist, and guess what? I have Asperger's Syndrome, which is a type of Autism. I'm liking this so far, but I do not like the roughness following this: '...However, if you are religious and you are reluctant to continue reading...' Again with my theory, many people will desperately hold onto their religion due to fear of death. Anyway, I'd better continue reading.
  8. Didn't we figure this out 200+ years ago? :D

In all seriousness, good luck :)
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  9. Finished reading. I'm very happy with this prologue/introduction, I hope you continue well. I can foresee a lot of anger towards this book- people don't like being told what to believe.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  10. All the devout Christians never figured it out :)
    Thanks ^_^
    every 10 fans someone has, they've got 1 hater, it's the circle of life, my friend
  11. Indeed, sadly.
  12. not quite sadly, nobody's perfect and a lot of such people can act as a unique and constructive viewpoint and approach to what one does.