So I got to try the Wii U

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mikeguy2225, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Nice troll thread...

Nah But I don't mean to be mean but On par with Current Gen Consoles Does not equal good graphics.

You know, I'm fine with getting 60fps on BF3 with all setingss to Ultra.

You know, People say consoles are for people who don't wanna have to download and update drivers and stuff well. I think owning a gaming pc is better than a console not only because of the specs but because it's not complicated. You don't need to buy a whole new pc every 6 years. Just a new Graphics card. Along with a processor and then maybe a mother board upgrade you know, Very simply stuff.
  2. While i agree that PC gaming is better, i personally own current gen consoles and a wonderful gaming PC. I like my consoles for certain games, PC for others. Deadspace, coop shooters/rpgs, and games like saints row just seem more natural on a console. But the biggest reason i have for owning them is that i like to play coop, and my friends cant afford amazing gaming PCs to play newer games. Consoles=local. PC=global.
  3. I own an xBox and PS3 too. Also a macbook (saying it so people don't go Well you've never touched on!!! or owned on!!! When i judge it)
  4. I prefer consoles over pcs because most of the games good games come out for consoles and are ported to pcs. Remember I'm saying most, not all.
  5. Thats changing though. Especially with companies like Dice, who have a dedicated team for PC, and one for consoles.
  6. Yes you're right, however first person shooters are not my kind of thing and right now minecraft, turn based strategy games, and first person shooters are the only games better played on pc, and the only one that interests me is minecraft. So when game genres that interest me turn to pc, then maybe, I will think about buying.
  7. You seemed to have forgotten the Fallout series O.O I love those:D
  8. you know without nintendo we may not have video games at all
    Mikeguy2225 likes this.
  9. Not true. If you have a badass gaming PC, then everything is better on a PC.
    Jeanzl2000 likes this.
  10. Not at all because 95% of game developers port their games from consoles to pc (which doesn't make sense since games are developed on pcs) so games actualy end up having worse graphics and more bugs on pc. Besides, a dualshock beats a mouse and keyboard any day.
  11. Actually the reason why they don't have PC gamers and Console players on the same servers is because PC Gamers are 10x more accurate at any game. They did actually test it. Plus we can have macros and play in 3D and also don't need a capture card just software to record stuff and actually
    Only bad developers (95% of game makers) port games from console to pc.
    That's why BF3 on the pc is amazing and MW3 on the PC sucks.

BF3 on the consoles are equivilant to BF3 running lower than low on the PC.
  12. That sounds like my GameStop... Is the haircut place called Sports Clips? Off topic, I dropped out of Nintendo.
  13. I do not know of any games that have worse graphics on a PC, if there are any please tell me. I heard Dark Souls had some frame rate issues on PC but that is the only thing I can think of, so I wouldn't say that all PC games have more bugs than consoles. Some do but not all. Where did you get 95% from? We all know that 89% of all statistics are false. I do agree that a PS3 controller is better than a mouse and keyboard.
  14. Because you're using a freakin' mouse, and not all games, just first person shooters (which are all bland and generic anyways)

I can play in theater 3d on my tv.

Kojima? Ubisoft? Invalid statement

Good point.

You won't listen to this, but I've played BF3 on ultra on a pc and on ps3. There is only a tiny difference in character models, environments look identical, and again with lighting there is a small difference. There are more glitches on the pc.
  15. Aside from EA and Crytec (I think that's how you spell it) almost all multiplatform games do look better on the console, I have found this through experience. I did not get 95% from anywhere, I am just making an educated guess based on experience. And yes overall a dualshock is better. Haha on a side note I am surprised a Zelda fan could prefer pcs to consoles. And also this thread has moved way off topic, but i don't care because it has been fun debating with you all.
  16. Yes, but I live in MD :)
  17. Mehhhh.. The bad game ports to PC are because of lazy developers. When a developer puts time into a port, it is better than the console.
  18. Since this has gotten off topic, I will try to make this my last post. You still aren't naming specific examples of games that look worse on PC. I am beginning to wonder if your PC isn't completely maxed out. Some games look about the same or marginally better; such as Dishonored, but I can't think of any game that looks worse. I don't have anything against consoles, but I do think that nest gen consoles (Xbox 720, PS4) won't look as good as people think they will. I am sure they will run Star Wars 1313 and Unreal Engine 4, but I don't think they will look as good as the trailers we have seen. I think that the consoles will run a slightly lower version of Unreal Engine 4 and that there will be a bigger gap between consoles and PCs next generation.

As for Zelda, Nintendo says that the Wii U is for core gamers and while it is true that there are a lot of third party developers, all of the first party is still casual. I want Nintendo to prove to the Wii U is for core gamers by releasing a hyper realistic Zelda game. Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game because of its realistic nature; I want to see Nintendo go even further than that. You might say, "But Nintendo doesn't do blood and gore". Well, dammit, Nintendo needs to do it or at least make some changes or The Legend of Zelda will be left behind. Nintendo doesn't have to go to extreme just a Zelda game focused on a more serious or adult subject.