So how does one remove greif which has been protected.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by aaronsta, Dec 29, 2017.

?

Have you experienced buildmode grief?

Yes :'( 3 vote(s) 42.9%
No :P 4 vote(s) 57.1%
  1. Hi there,
    Long time player who has only recently rejoined (last played 2014/5, and joined right at the start of emc in 2010) :) (sadly lost everything though, must have been inactive for too long)

So how does one remove grief which has been protected.
    I have come across a few things where a griefer has protected what they built with /buildmodeon

Blocked off a few walkways, enclosed a few rooms, beds, chests, done a few other things, to other peoples stuff in frontier. (Stuff seen as I tried to find my way to my old base)

Can't remember the specific locations of all instances... far too many... but would like to know how this issue is approached, and what can be done about it.

Is there stuff in the wiki and/or tutorial, can/could there be stuff in the wiki or tutorial?

Cheers,
    Aaron
  2. Contact one of the Moderators. You can see who is currently online on the right-hand side of the website page. Be patient and persistent and I am sure they will help to the best of their ability to restore things to their original state.
  3. If the Greif is too large, SS might come in to help remove large amounts of blocks.

You can also check to see if any staff are free ingame with /staff and asking them.
  4. Yeah it's pretty annoying, but a staff member that recently helped me with an unexpected visitor who placed a single block in my structure without removing it has reassured me that staff will always be the ones to help in situations like these. Just message a staff over, show them the damage, and they get right to work! :D
  5. For this sort of thing, the best way to get help is actually to contact staff in-game. If you know who griefed your area, you can report them for it (please be specific!) and we'll be able to help you much quicker. If you aren't sure who griefed you, you can find an online staff member and tell them about the situation directly (I promise we don't bite ^_~*)
    Code:
    /report <playername> <reason>
    Code:
    /staff
    this one returns a list of staff who are online, and where they currently are.

Edit: looks like I was kinda ninja'd by EntityAI :p
  6. Thanks everyone for all the support, a-lot of good advice here :) I now remember the stuff sazukemono spoke about was in the tutorial, I just glossed over it and forgot, good to know!
    ChespinLover77 and Sazukemono like this.
  7. Are you sure?
  8. Lol! For me, at least, only if it's deserved ;P
  9. Add disclaimers
  10. depends on the griefing to be honest. you may have not been the first person there, meaning you might be the "griefer" in most cases staff will use their best judgement to determine property rights