SMP8's Advanced Technology

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kaptrix, May 1, 2015.

1. :( You can't mail maps... I guess we need to block that too like we did vault.
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  2. I can not see the photo :(
  3. I actually noticed that 1 other person had that problem when they opened their mail on a completely different server that I sent it to... I think it was smp3 but I'm not sure (and it's not relevant). D:

On another note, I may just put up a shop sign for this and have people buy the maps there (on smp8) from it with a warning of sorts to let them know not to move it cross-server or anything... If I do, I'll make the price of each of these pixelart maps 1r since the Flag Shop's maps are the same amount, just to be fair ^^;
  4. Is it just mailing maps across smps that messes it up? Because I think he mailed me mine (we're on the same smp) and it was fine. Just curious for future reference.
    DubChef likes this.
  5. 2015-05-19_10.51.32.png
    SMP2 is so advanced that we have MacBook Airs in the most rural of areas (such as a barn)!
  6. Too bad you couldn't get Minecrasoft Lite installed on it... :p

Oh well, it's still good to know this thread is inspiring some form of technology on other smp's. :D

Also...
    ^ this basically
    I made sure to mail people who had res's on smp8 only, or who asked me about them at the time while they were on smp8. I understand full-well that sending these cross-server would break them, and I avoided that as much as possible. ^^;
  7. Yea but there PCs aren't as good as Windows! :p
  8. Err... I wouldn't expect them to work even on the same SMP. Just checked the code and I have no idea why it would work even on same SMP.
    f_Builder_s likes this.
  9. I have a laptop that cost 1/6 of an iMac and I have no lag issues. In fact, anything with a half decent mobile graphics card will run Minecraft better than or equal to an iMac, since the iMac houses a weak card relative to its price.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  10. Maybe the way you save them? Don't you use MySQL?

I only Optifine to increase my graphic settings. 32 chunk viewing distance :cool:
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. Mine doesnt have lag issues and usually runs around 80fps.
  12. I run 100-120 fps with a laptop I bought from walmart for like 600 dollars.... 3 years ago.

Edit: have hacked the bios to get around several packet bugs. Also use optifine and run most things off with only some particles. on certain peoples res i will drop to like 30fps. I rarely get lag. Running windows 7 with all the add on crap deleted or disabled. Also running the OS in a gamer friendly way.
    jkjkjk182 and nfell2009 like this.
  13. Windows 7 <3. Apparently Windows 10 is quite gamer friendly.
    jkjkjk182 and Gawadrolt like this.
  14. I use windows 10.
  15. What the heck? This thread isn't about real computers lol.
    DubChef, 607 and ChrisFlareon like this.

16. *jealous*

I want to get a new computer. Currently spending half my savings to get my car fixed -_- so much for that thought.
  17. I was about to say

"what happened to this thread?" :eek:

I also noticed Aikar's been a bit more active on the forums .w.; Which is a good thing :D
    Gawadrolt, 607 and georgeashington like this.
  18. *qoutes someone*
    *lists elite OS my magnificent personal computer uses*
    *lists extraordinary fps for ultimate firework viewing pleasure*
    DubChef, 607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. You can get the BETA of it for free (and a year free or something later on). It isn't perfect yet and Microsoft are adding features as they're going along. Microsoft is definitely trying to fix their problems that Windows 8 had.
  20. Aw, missed you by five minutes :p OrangeDuck607 wants one too :3
    georgeashington likes this.