SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. That does not ring any bells for me. Where\what is that?

Thank you very much for the villager and the mooshroom!!! You need the rupees back Chris? Lemme know, no prob man. Thanks!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. Pigmentus, leading up to locked chests and the villager in the back

Honestly, I should be fine with the Rupees... Thanks though :p
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  3. I do not recall any fence gates at Pigmentus. Maybe someone got attacked or something? That can happen if your diff is set too high. Dunno what that is Chris. I leave it to your discretion if you want to just remove it or report it. I'm not gonna sweat 2 fence gates. :) Thanks!!!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. I placed those a while a go, and totally forgot to take them off. Sorry about that, I can remove them in a bit, I forgot why I placed them though.
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  5. Fence gates removed.
  6. As of today, January 13th, 2018 at 22:40 ET We have a full block bridge!!

Big thanks to ItsMeMatheus
  7. YES!!! omg, THANK YOU!!!
    JohnKid and Tuqueque like this.
  8. Her reaction so much like mine. I only repaired that 10 times but each a pain in the tail...
  9. Cleric was killed again at the Pigmentus. Dicey is on it.
  10. Fort Wart issue:
    If you know who placed water and kinda *not kinda, excuse me, really* messed up the interior, it'd be nice to know because there was a grief. And the portal was goofed but is now fixed.
    Also sorry if I sound panicked.

Edit: one of y'all PWU members remember how the carpets go?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Yeahhh year and months later, THIS IS TOO FREAKING TRUE.
    Add:
    It's also a major pain in the tail to fix things if ya don't know how they looked and thus have to ROOT for the builds in this 77, 78 page thread.
  12. Update on Fort Wart:

I did a fly around after getting a vouch from ThaKloned (thanks and sorry for wasting your time) to see if it was someone going after the blizz ard in the area, and to check if any other damage. I found no other damage, and the portal does work correctly once again. However, people are gonna have to deal with stonebrick and glowstone. *i may actually go place carpet over those and hopefully no one will get grumpy cause it looks ugly..*

Again, sorry if I seem panicked and frustrated and stressed- the latter two yes, the former of the three is kinda how I act when those two happen.

Apologies, and thank you.
    Side note: snow farm near the oldest iron farm MAY have been griefed. Sgt_Pepper4, the mod I asked to come check when I realized it was meant to be a farm (Dice told me), he said it looked to be yours, did you tear it down or was it a true grief?
    And final note: no other farms were greifed. Me and dice flew around to check.
    There goes a stress free minecraft session...
  13. Ok after bickering over colors for a while, we finally decided to go with this.
    And welcome, harp!!!!

Big thanks to the newest member of PWU :)
    And yes we know we have 1 black carpet missing. Working on it.
  14. Welcome to the newest member of PWU Harp4Christ :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  15. PSA regarding Pigmentus

1. Never ever NEVER AFK at Pigmentus. It's bad. It also yields crappy results.
    2. Pigmentus is an aggro farm. That means you want to go up to the catwalk and make the piggies mad at you. Hit them, shoot them, slap a few with a fish, etc.
    3. Once the piggies are mad, they will flood towards you as you run against the iron bars on the catwalk. Try smacking a pigman in each quadrant and running against the iron bars. It's both effective and fun!
    4. Run downstairs and kill them all. Rinse and repeat. This will get you FAR MORE gold and XP far FASTER than standing around waiting for them. Which brings us back to...
    5. Do not AFK at Pigmentus.
    CinemaSins and Tuqueque like this.
  16. I’m probably late jumping on this, but thank you so much. I’ve taken quite a long break and most of The farms I knew on the other servers are broken. This is a huge help!
  17. About Fe(II). I feel there's should be a separate poppy farm. Could we do that? I feel like the poppies are getting int he way of this iron farm. They seem to clog up the iron loot chests. When there's a DC of iron, there's roughly half a SC of poppies, and iron will either be in the hoppers, or just floating at the top if the hoppers are full. Although all this stress could all just be in my head. I'm also not sure why Notch wanted iron golems to drop flowers, when they're iron golems, THEY MUST DROP IRON!

Tell me what you think :)

~Davis
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  18. if there is a DC of iron, the someone afked a lot of time, FeII is not an afk farm

Plus, it knocks out already 2 farms at once
  19. I think a sorter that removes the poppies would be nice there Davis. Good idea! I don't know when I'll get around to implementing it since we have a lot going on right now, but it'll get done before next year :) Thanks!
    Tuqueque and DavisatDavis like this.
  20. Please give a warm welcome to our newest member Tazzy_The_Best :)

Tazzy will be doing inspections and maintenance, and guarding us from ghasts :)
    Tuqueque likes this.