smp8 breakaway?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by King_Hardig, Apr 1, 2017.

1. I'm not certain this is even the right place to post this, if not, I'm sorry! Please move to the correct place and I will know where to post correctly next time. Thank you! :)
    1) Why would smp8 want to breakaway from emc community?
    2) What does this mean for the rest of emc and the future of emc 9?
    Please no hostile comments.
    I just need to understand what exactly is happening here and whether or not I should prepare to go back to single player mode, as to not be wasting my time.
    I came to emc because it was the best I have ever found on the net and is family friendly. I have not had any complaints what so ever, and now this is happening. Can someone just please sum everything up for me, so I can clearly understand what exactly is happening at this moment.
    Thank you very much for your time and your efforts.
    sincerely King_Hardig
    Equinox_Boss, SirCue and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Look at the calendar, it will all make sense after you do
  3. What am I looking at, that the wastelands got reset??! .....because clearly looking at the calendar events, I see nothing that explains why smp 8 would breakaway and what it means for the future of smp 9. please explain your answer.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I mean an actual calendar like on your phone. It's April fools day.
  5. After reading all the articles concerning this breakaway, I'd think there was much too much of an effort put into all the writing to be an april fools joke!! ....and if it's an april fools joke, it's not a bit funny at all!!!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Then you don't understand April fools day at all
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and King_Hardig like this.
  7. You may be correct. Thanks for your input.
    NuclearBobomb and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. You should see last years April fools. It caused such a ruccus that messages were being posted at least once every two minutes for the entire day. And that was a joke. I can link you if you want to see how much effort they put into their jokes lol
    Ryan_A_, Equinox_Boss, 607 and 2 others like this.
  9. I have never encountered an april fools joke as a community situation, so I will take your words as a point to consider. Wow! What has the 21st century came to?!!
    Anyways, thanks for your post answer and have a great week.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  10. That is the whole point! If you put in more effort more people start to actually question if it is real or not, that is what makes them so amazing :D
  11. Conspiracies or not, let's try to dive into your post and actually answer the questions best as possible :)

Because fish. And I also assume because of Hash. Yeah, some players deeper involved into the community had a hunch that things might happen once he took over :D

And it is also fair to say that SMP8 has always been a bit of a special server on the Empire. Still is, and always will be :)

More staff required! Better fill out those application forms :D

And of course much better business opportunities. Now that /v +bulk on SMP8 will eventually no longer be with us some players will finally be able to take over. Problem is that their services really are just too good :D

But I also predict poverty and maybe a return of the Empire shop as well. Because SMP8 has always had a big impact on the EMC economy as a whole. I still remember the time when Shulker boxes were new. And I can even go back to the time of the Elytra's. I'm not mis-saying anything when I state that SMP8 had a big impact on those.

I've seen moments when an Elytra was approx. 75 - 100k on other places while several SMP8 players had already dropped the price to 50k (and less).

That's going to be a problem, but I'm sure we'll work it out :D

Nah, first off: no one has to worry about having to stop playing. Just enjoy the hectic, and if you don't enjoy it then it's best to ignore for now and see what is going to happen.

You see... Imagine what would happen when the staff decides to move the server and the inhabitants decide to move to other servers as well?

Because in the end staff always does what's best for the server, and right now that's fish. But tomorrow could be another day. Most of all: it's best to worry when there's something to actually worry about. I'm sure there's still plenty to discuss ;)

So my advice right now is to simply enjoy reading all this stuff and don't worry about it, continue playing and wait what's going to happen tomorrow when Krysyy & Aikar wake up :D

Or maybe they're already awake, who knows... but... yeah, tomorrow will be another day.

... I think :D
  12. I'm sorry to see you seem upset, that was obviously not the intent of this endeavour.
    When EMC does an April Fool's joke, they want to do it well... and sometimes they do it a little too well. In 2015, I was part of the team behind the April Fool's joke, and it spiralled out of control unbelievably quickly. In fact, around March 30th, the entire thing had to be shut down and Krysyy made a formal statement explaining the actual situation.
    Since then, EMC's calmed their April Fool's jokes down a bit, but there will still always be people who don't understand it. But for the people who do, or especially for the people who don't at first but then do, it's a really fun occasion. It's one of the reasons why April 1st is my favourite holiday. :)
  13. lol! Understandable. Thanks!
    Equinox_Boss, Sachrock and ShelLuser like this.
  14. Thanks for explaining all that in parts. It is very much appreciated. :)
  15. Lol! OKay! I see now. Thanks! :)
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  16. ......conclusion.....
    Double Whammy!! I'm not really upset! "APRIL FOOLS!!" ;)
  17. Do you have the link to the original joke? I would really enjoy reading it :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Could you write a bit of a summary on what was going on late March 2015, Shel? After all, you were the one who started it, I do believe. ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Have you seenlast years april fools joke?
    King_Hardig and Equinox_Boss like this.
  20. Probably not, as he wasn't yet around by that time. :)