SMP3: Frontier End: Shinto/Buddhist Pagoda

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Falchion_GPX, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Directions:

Frontier Center, take the rail to The End.

Once in the end, to your left, take the portal with two prismarine blocks by the stairs. It will be to your left near a beacon pyramid composed mostly of iron blocks.

To get through the portal, use the usual ender-pearl or double jump till you glide into the portal-block with your elytra.

You will appear on top of the pagoda. Take the stairs down and have a look around.

The Build:

A Shinto or Buddhist Pagoda topped with a stonework Sōrin. A path leads away through a bamboo forest towards the barren rock that is the outer End. Adjacent by are the living quarters for the pagoda's kannushi as well as their sparce vegetable garden. Outwards is a large bamboo forest straddling the southern edge of an End Island.

Suggested Expansion:

For those who may be interested, with some work, a fortified compound could be built close by, preferably modeled after one of the many famous castles such as Nagoya castle, Japan, famous for it's expansive gardens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagoya_Castle

Builder's Notes:
    While I do have some goods stashed here, I consider this build a public space, especially as the pagoda houses one of the portals leading to the central end-island.

Beware of ninjas [endermen].
    khixan likes this.
  2. This sounds great! When I get back on I will try to make my way there for a look!
  3. I took a look at it, and it's a pretty nice build. I was, however, initially confused as to how I ended up on the roof. Also, much of the bamboo is too dark to grow.
  4. Thank you for looking and yes, I need to place a few more glowing forest orbs [lanterns] so the bamboo can grow adequately.

The teleport mechanics seem to be keyed to an open-aired location for the y-value when moving a player for xyz1 to xyz2. And so we wind up on the roof of a building rather than close by. Hope you took the stairs.

Edit:
    Removed some blocks to the stairs in the pagoda. Some glass was in the way.
    While never meant to be perfect by any means, added more glow in the forest to improve some patches of zero-growth in the bamboo. Still.. darkness creeps in at the edges where the ender men lurk.
    Gave the caretaker a name. Apparently they prefer fishing over the life of a cleric.