[SMP2] The /waste w head grinder is back!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Hi gang!

/waste w, go straight forward, and look on your right

In the previous waste Aya & me build a head grinder which I took down prematurely (long before the waste reset) which disappointed some players. I promised that I would rebuild it, and here ya go. As you can see I even took the liberty of giving it a "semi-official" look (it's a bit silly, but I tried to make it look as if it's an extension to the outpost).

The new & improved head grinding platform

So how does this work? I placed plenty of signs to explain the whole thing but in case you're wondering, it's really very simple:
    • Take off any armor (so that you'll actually die) and place this in a chest. Either the regular or the enderchest. Enderchest is probably safer (in case you forget about it later).
    • (try to) Use the bed. This will set your spawnpoint, so that you'll respawn on the platform after you died.
    • Then jump right in, while trying to land on the black square in the middle.
    • After you respawned you'll need to wait 5 - 7 seconds before jumping in because you'll be immune to fall damage during that time.
      • The arrows will show you in which direction you need to drop.

As you can see the area around the pit has been blocked by fences, this is to prevent mobs (like a creeper) from suddenly dropping in on you. If all goes well this should keep you safe from dying when you don't need to (with special thanks to MegHouse for sharing this idea!).

The redstone lamps around the chest will light up as soon as your head dropped. So be sure to check before jumping in again.

A good trick to get to your head quickly is to jump, die and then immediately jump down again. You won't die (temporary fall protection) so you can then pick up your stuff. Go up the ladder and you should be able to make it to the safe area without mobs bothering you.

When the lights are on your head probably dropped

Hope this can be useful for some of you!

How to get here? => /smp2, /waste w and then walk straight ahead. You'll find the platform on your right.
  2. I approve of this
  3. PART II

You know why I enjoy playing on SMP2 so much over all these years and why I never bothered to move to other places? Because SMP2. For some reason SMP2 manages to attract players who don't only play for their own enjoyment (nothing wrong with that!), but who will also easily put effort into building stuff to help out others.

Examples being Poof's "End road" (I made the name up): a huge road (with a huge sky sign saying "The End") which directed you directly to.... Here's a hint: it wasn't the nether :D. AussieZaid's skin competition build (on his res). Made so that other players would also be able to use it.

And here's the latest example...

Introducing / reviewing:

MaximumLarsen's head grinder

/waste w, go east (turn around) and you'll see this

What to do when the grinder mentioned above is busy? Easy, then you turn around and instead of walking west you walk east to quickly see the building shown above. Build by MaximumLarsen with help from PartyScary this is another way to get your head.

Just go up the ladder and you'll be entering the grinders safe space. No mobs will spawn here so you're perfectly safe. Use the bed to set your spawnpoint, put your armor in the chest or the enderchest (the enderchest is probably safer) and then open the trapdoors if they aren't already open and jump down!

It will probably take you a few tries but you should easily be able to get your head this way.

A long drop awaits :eek:

Just be patient. It will probably take you a while before you get your head, but that has nothing to do with this awesome build but more so with the low drop rate. Just keep trying, and you'll get there soon enough!

Some players told me about the existence of this head grinder so I felt like sharing that too. Sharing is caring :)

So yeah... A special thank you to MaximumLarsen & ScaryParty for building this. It's players like you who make our server the fun place it is. And you got to admit, this head grinder is a lot nicer decorated then that ugly stone platform shown above :D

More seriously: it's the only head grinder on the Empire which has Shell's stamp of approval :cool:
    Sandakumaran likes this.
  4. Very nice, thanks Shell.
  5. Hey just saw this thanks for the kind words. Hope Everybody Enjoys it