smp 6 public works

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by SMP6_PublicWorks, Oct 24, 2017.

1. The 2016 Super turkey shine is reopen to get to it just keep an eye out for the portal that we havent made yet in the nether hub.
    the 2016 bliz shine will open soon as well.

DO NOT KILL THE SUPER TURKEY
    someone did this with one of the 2 2016 super turkeys we had
    we dont mind if you go to the shine to make sacrifices to the almighty super turkey just dont sacrifice the super turkey.
    (if you do you will have bad luck......)

Interested in a stray farm.... well good news we designed a stray farm that will start construction soon.

side note the gold farm and sheep farms have been griefed many times in the last week. please dont grief public farms.
  2. Just a reminder just because there are super turkeys spawning does not make it okay to grief builds including the nether farm hub and the farms. today alone the farm hub has been griefed many times in front of me and other players who maintain the public farms (we will take screen shots and report you from here on out) also players have asked us to remove blocks so they can get to the other side of the nether. we will not do that. If this is going to be hard for you then it would be best if you stayed away from the farms till the event is over
    khixan and MissBonnieParker like this.
  3. the large iron farm has been closed off for the last few days and is now reopen to the public. we made a few changes and will continue to make more over the next few days to increase iron production
  4. The SMP6 public works farm hub has been under constuction/Remodel do to the addition of the 2nd floor.
    It is safe once again from ghast. Please thank ellisbrewer and missbonnieparker for their had work.
    pics
    entrance floor
    If you are like me you will have a heart attack when coming out of the nether portal as it will appear there is no floor when there is

BrickStrike and ellisbrewer like this.
  5. SMP 6 public works frontier zoo and aquarium is picking up construction again do to the new aquatic update. you will be able to get to it from the smp6 nether hub when it is complete
  6. First time to see this. I have been an active member for 2.5 years. I have seen many amazing builds on this server. But I have to say this is the most amazing thing I have seen here. From the perspective of complexity, creativity and functionality I have seen no better. Hats off to the designer and builder and who's vision it was that put this together. Love the use of glass on the entrance into the nether the build down below. Just one of so many things you did here.
  7. Is there a gunpowder farm yet?
  8. not yet. we are still working on them
  9. Thank you the player ellisbrewer did the planing and building of that area on the public works nether hub.
    ellisbrewer likes this.
  10. Just a reminder that it is not wise to use chorus fruit around the public farms. I feel I should not have to say this but players are doing it.
    Many reasons why you should not use it at the public farms.
    1 you will get stuck in a place that is in buildmode and wont be able to get out
    2 we do use lava and if you end up in it you will die and lose everything
    3 if you do and you get stuck we cant always come right away and help you get out.

Im sure some of you wise players who already know this is a bad idea can come up with other reasons why this is bad.

but a heads up a player did this to the large iron farm and got stuck and because they where not wise griefed the large iron farm.

if you do this we do report it
  11. Geez this a huge project. Glad to see something like this!
    (Guardian farm actually has a public collection system, unlike cubefragment's farm)

Is there some way I can help other than draining water?
    Also, this thread could use some reorganizing :p
  12. Could you make the slime farm multi-layered? I benchmarked the drop rates and I got:
    16 stacks + 10 slime balls in 8 hours
    1034 slime balls / ~115 blocks
  13. Hey hey, it’s multilayered, but the rates are pitiful because of the lack of perimeter. I’ve tried to light up caves etc, but honestly haven’t done a good job. You can see this by checking /entc while there.

A little hack I use is to dip back into the nether portal, let mobs despawn, and then go back in to start spawning with a refreshed mob cap.

This was one of the first farms I made almost 1000 days ago. Newb Ellis didn’t understand spawning like old weathered Ellis does.

14. SMP 6 Public works has opened its new snow farms.
    to get to the snow farms take the path in the nether hub to the ice farms

15. We have made some additions to the gold farm.
    We first added 4 snow farms to it so you can aggro pigman with snow balls or if you want you can farm snow.
    We also added stairs going down to the trash collection room as many of you have asked to do.
    last addition we made is more netherportals
  16. The best and safest tree farm on smp 6 is expanding and getting a new look. xSkitzie has been working hard at expanding and updating her in town public tree farm. which used to only span 1 res now covers 2 reses. would you like to help with this build if so we are in great need of glowstone.
    If you are willing to donate glowstone please drop it off at v +works at the tree farm donation chest.
    you may go to v +forest to see the work in progress however the farm is temp closed until finished.
    ellisbrewer and xSkitzie like this.
  17. Update on HH the smp 6 public gardens

ellisbrewer likes this.
  18. SMP6 has a new head farm.
    to get to this head farm go to the east frontier and head south to the nearest netherportal. once in go to the 2nd floor of the farm hub
    this farm works by punching iron golems
    you can average 40 heads in 10 mins here

ellisbrewer and CliffCraft like this.

19. Updates on the newest farm to join smp 6 public works. this farm is an auto wither killing farm

We would also like to remind you that the gold farm trash is first come first serve
    dont throw anything you want to keep in it while you are using the gold farm as another player may come along and collect the trash.
    we have heard of a few fights over this and if they continue then no one will have access to the trash
    MissBonnieParker likes this.
  20. Thanks to Cliffcraft SMP6 public works has expanded from smp6 to utopia.
    To get to the newest public farm in utopia from any server type /utopia
    then type /v +smp6
    and be sure to thank cliffcraft for all the work he put into this farm.