Smash Ultimate Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gaming_Comander, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hey y'all! So, I love Super Smash Bros Ultimate, even though I don't have a Nintendo Switch :p. I originally started with Smash Bros 3DS, where I primarily mained Little Mac and Zero Suit Samus, after much hours of practice I was able to beat nearly anyone (except THE OP VILLAGER of course).

When Smash Ultimate came out, I would play for hours with my friends while at school. As of right now, I'm a King K Rool/Little Mac main, and now that Banjo-Kazooie are out, I might give them a try as well.

Anyways, I created this thread with the purpose of sharing your mains, your best wins, you predictions for DLC, and your reactions and feelings for some of the characters. Smash Ultimate is a collaboration of many franchises, and I cant wait to see what you think!
  2. NO WAY.
    I love that game.

I play Roy and Ike.
    I spam "Up B" with him all the time XD
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  3. I play ness and I’m bouta ness you up

Of course the ness with the white shirt it must be that skin thing
  4. Mario main here :D

Jiggs/Fox pocket.
  5. I used to play Super Mario Flash, and later a bit of Super Mario Flash 2 beta, but then I stopped playing violent games, so I'm not too interested anymore. The main thing I care about is the way Wario is represented, as Sakurai likes to portray him in a way that is not generally appreciated (focusing on grossness instead of muscularity).
  6. In the WarioWare franchise, which is the inspiration for Warios design and moveset, Wario is portrayed as a greedy loser who will deceive his friends to get what he wants. Garlic is also his favorite food which explains his gaseous moveset
    607 likes this.
  7. I mostly main Bowser, but I've been experimenting with a number of other characters, my favorites being Yoshi, Piranha Plant, Greninja, Toon Link, Peach, and Mii Gunner.

My one real gripe with Smash Ultimate is the number of characters from series like Fire Emblem. I know I have personal bias in this (I of course am going to prefer the characters from the games I know better), but all of these characters have extremely similar movesets and relatively drab play styles, especially when compared with the incredible diversity and awesome play styles provided by the Mario (and related worlds), Pokémon, Kirby, and similar franchises. I would've done without most of the Fire Emblem players.
    EnderMagic1, 607 and Carbonyx like this.
  8. Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Guide to fire emblem characters:

Smash attacks = sword swing
    Tilts = short jab
    Aerials = long sweep
    Specials = lots of jabs
  9. I’m pretty good as yoshi also :p
  10. I don't have a Switch, but I have played this game somedays on my college campus. A number of the players there play it to participate in tournaments, so I often lose to their advanced fighting skills with certain characters.

Since the Super Smash Bros series has become a celebration of gaming more than just Nintendo, I have my share of third-party games I want represented.

* Minecraft (obviously): There is not a single reference to the now bestselling video game ever?

* A Hat in Time: Although Hat Kid already has a good basis for a moveset, she is not known enough to take a fighter slot over someone else. Little lassie/darling will not be starring in a Smash bird movie anytime soon.

* CrossCode: This cannot be anything more than a spirit or Mii fighter costume. Conceptually, Protagonist Lea is like a mix of Samus and Mega Man. Unfortunately, she is way too obscure to be an actual fighter, or even an assist trophy. Sorry, Ms. Spheromancer.
    607 likes this.
  11. I love Super Smash Bros. I just like playing the really odd characters no one wants to play. It's really fun to see people's reactions when I beat them as a Piranha Plant or Wii Fit Trainer. Going off what Hash said, my only complaint is that there's a lot of anime/fighting game characters which all get pretty repetitive over time. More variety to the roster would be really cool. Like still use the franchise but maybe add characters that people wouldn't expect. There's probably enough odd franchises out there to create really weird characters lol
  12. I've been playing Smash since Brawl on the Wii, me and my brother had some hectic fights and many of them resulted in real fighting smh...:D

I've had every Smash game from Brawl (on the Wii) up to the current, Smash Ultimate.

On Brawl I mained Snake.

I then hopped over to being an Ike and Greninja main on the 3ds and Wii U games and I am currently a Greninja main on Smash Ultimate. :)

Would be awesome to have a tournament for EMC players on Smash Ultimate, is that even possible though? o.(o)
    607, Gaming_Comander and naMrorriM like this.
  13. You just gave me a grand idea...
    padde73 likes this.
  14. I main Luigi but with my bow I might main Link or Pit :p
  15. If there are enough people in the community who have got the game and would like to join: sure. :) I doubt it, though, as there seem to be few people with a Switch here, let alone with that specific game.
  16. Perhaps, I'd be down to just have fun and fight some people, tournament or not. :)
    607 likes this.