Slightly Overdue 2 Year AMA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Torian42, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Shouldn't you be working? :p
  2. So a couple fun questions!

1) MS or Sony (xbox or playstation?)
    2) Your favorite MC build that you created?
    3) Do you really have a fish for a head?
    4) Do you like Sushi/Sashimi?
    5) Ever been to a comicon, minecon, or now what the 'cool' kids call it now-a-days, any cosplay event?
    6) Vehicle you drive, make, model, color...and what you would like to drive (realistically)...

Dance Jessica! That story was hilarious!
    At least he didn't make you wear heels Lols!
  3. Best. Question. Ever.

Yes, yes I should... but this is way more fun! :p
    Palmsugar and NoahMarcusWhite like this.
  4. Congratulations Torian! You were a great part of the green team and I understand you need a break - have fun and stay safe!

What is your favorite EMC custom item? :)
  5. 1) I have an original xbox and a ps2. Yes, I'm slightly behind with console gaming.
    2) I helped with a build on a server one time that was a tunnel called "Trail of Teary Eyes". We spent 7 hours straight blasting and building this thing with some of the admins. The TNT blasters couldn't stay ahead of the builders! The builders (me included) had to keep stopping to wait for the TNT crew.
    3) There's something fishy about that question.
    4) Yes I do.
    5) I've been to sci-fi cons before but it's been years. I'd love to go to a more recent one.
    6) Car, Saturn, SL-2, grey... anything that gets me from point A to point B safely, comfortably, and economically.

Thank you.
    I left out what I got dressed up in as it was too painful to recount. :p
  6. Thanks! :D

Ok, I've got to say my favorite has got to be Cupid's Bow. That one was just clever.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. I fail to see how anyone could find Nick creepy. :confused:
  8. OMG! Retro gaming! Don't worry, I have 4 original Xboxes, and a couple fat and slim ps2s.
    If you look under the 'gaming' forum, I may have included some pictures of some of my excess retro games.

Woot Saturn power! So you got the 1.9L DOHC smokehouse! What year? I got a 1994SC2, 1995 SC2, 1997 SL1, 1997 SC2, 2003 SC2. Just gave someone my gold 1996 SL2.
  9. I can sooo tell you about retro gaming. The first retro game I played was Pong and my first console was an Atari 2600! :p

*reads the Saturn section and slowly backs away*
    highlancer54 likes this.
  10. Pong! Shoot I still got my original atari2600. I got a couple darth vaders, the wood grain, and the slim.
    Miss combat, the first 'real' me vs my opponent game! Pitfall was epic...
    What is your favorite retro game? What retro game have you put the most hours into?
    I will stop asking questions though after these, to give others a chance!

If you ever have any questions about saturns, PM me anytime. I have rebuilt a couple of them, and done tons of work over the years. (heck I got my own lift and an in floor heated building for my mechanics work) Be sure to change out the ECTS, if your temp gauge reads 1/4 heat all the time.
    (psst, what year?)
  11. It depends... he likes to draw melons on draw that thing... alot... :p and sometimes... nvm
  12. Ok... favorites are hard. I always have more than one favorite for different reasons. I'd also have to include Commodore 64 games and not stick with just consoles. I probably put the most time into Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar on the Commodore 64. I even went so far as to start an editing overhaul of the game with a group of friends. We edited the text, graphics, controls... pretty much the whole thing. The project was never completed though.

A few of the favorites:
    Favorite Atari 2600 games - Yar's Revenge, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Missle Command, Alien, and a few others.
    Favorite Commodore 64 games - The Ultima series by Origin Systems, Elite, Bruce Lee, International Karate, Paradroid, Skool Daze, M.U.L.E., Uridium, and a few others.

My Saturn is a 2001...A Space Odyssey... I lost track of where I was going with this. *wanders off*
    highlancer54 likes this.
  13. Are you still answering questions in this thread, after having brought down the forums with it? xD
    If so:
    How much of you is in Torian42?
    Which social experiment would you like to see on EMC? :D
  14. I was told you might consider taking up the pen, now that you have more time for yourself ;) Any thoughts on what you'll write about?
    Palmsugar likes this.
  15. #BlameTorianForBringingDownTheForumsByActuallyPostingSomethingInsteadOfReplying

Yes, I'd still be happy to answer any questions.

Uh... I'm not sure how to answer that one. I mean, I'm just being myself, so I guess it's 99.42% or something. Although, considering that 92.357% of all statistics are made up anyway, that could skew the figure slightly.

I'd like to perform a social experiment in which everyone that logs in is super syrupy nice to one another for like the next 42 years or something. I'd love to collect the data on that one. :)
  16. Well, first I need to finish the books I've started. I haven't had the opportunity to finish "Squid: Boat Sinking Jerks of the Deep" and I started that one 10 months ago or so. I have written a few books so far:
    • The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe (I just had to bring that one into the game. This is the only book I didn't author)
    • Dragon Story (short story)
    • The Ugly Gnome (short story)
    • Minecraft Haiku (poetry)
    • How Mrlegitislegit Saved The World From Flying Creepers (short story)
    • Nether Star (poem)
    I plan on releasing everything for sale after the 1.8 update. I have some other story ideas that I haven't pursued yet but I plan to start writing again within the next couple of weeks. We will just have to see. :)
    PandasEatRamen, penfoldex and Kephras like this.
  17. Excellent. I think it would make moderators and Square obsolete, and earn EMC the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Torian42 likes this.
  18. How did you find Emc?
    Why must you horde all the dirt?
  19. Good question. I found EMC through Minestatus when the server I used to play on went offline.

I wouldn't exactly call 76 double chests "all the dirt". There's still plenty more. Dirt is a forgiving material that requires no tools to build with. It's worth nearly nothing on EMC and really doesn't look that bad when mixed with other materials. It allowed the vertical wheat farms to be built fairly quickly as dirt is the primary material used in the build. I also use it to test new redstone designs or build redstone devices that may get replaced at a later date.
    On a side note, recent therapy sessions with Max and kryssy burning the stuff in front of me has cured me of the desire to horde any more dirt. In fact, I may even have a dirt burning party at a later date.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  20. but... but.. what would be my purpose D:.
    Dwight5273 likes this.