[Silly? Suggestion] Make things a bit more appealing for a lone player

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ShelLuser, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi gang!

So yeah, I'm online at the time of writing and I own SMP2! :mad: :D

Now... before we get onto the usually happening "OMG, EMC is dying!" bandwagon I'd like to start by mentioning that this is nothing new. I mean... February 2015 the same thing happened, and there's more... Because in May last year (2016)? Yeah, the whole server came to my residence :cool:.

To briefly address the loneliness topic: I see improvement. In 2015 you already had lone servers in February, yet in 2016 and 2017 this seems to started to manifest a little later (March / May). Which I call an improvement. And considering school and work restraints I don't think this is something to worry about. I've seen this happening for 2 years now (and I can back up my claim!).

Suggestion

Make it more appealing for a lone player to stay. I dunno... Maybe you could influence the luck or loot tables by 3 or 5% or something? My suggestion is to make it a wee bit more appealing for a player to stay put and continue playing.

Why?

Because other players will find their way onto this server too. And landing on a server with an active player is more appealing than landing on a dead server.

And yes: while writing this I also see a flaw in my example: a quartz player could have an advantage outside town, and when another player shows up they'd still be greeted with a 'dead' Town chat. So there's room for improvement on my suggestion ;)

Still... When loneliness does happen then I think a (small!) advantage might help. An active player is bound to attract more. No players is bound to scare others off (I think).
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  2. This obviously happened in the dead hours of the morning EMC time. While it sucks those players join to a ghost town, giving them higher rewards is not the answer.

EMC is about community, which they will never find much of at those hours, so sadly EMC will not be the best fit for them.

The only thing we can realistically do is to modify the server rotator to distribute between servers that have more online players and not send them to empty servers.
    607, ShelLuser, TomvanWijnen and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.