Shulker Boxes disappearing..... ??????

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Alaenia, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Is anyone else having this issue?

You place a shulker box. Pick it up with a pickax. Have it in your inventory, a chest, a trapped chest, or even inside of an ender chest. Then you log off, come back on and the thing is gone?

This has happened to me twice. I have gone through every chest on my res. And nothing, it's nowhere.

Both of them.

So if you come to my res 16025, I've turned Toggle Preview on. If you spot it message me here.

They are blue. One title Alaenia's Box, and the second is Alaenia's Shulker Box 2.
    Duckne, ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. I posted this because I think it's a server glitch, but I can't confirm that suspicion unless other's on SMP8 are having the same issue.
    Duckne and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I had the same problem on smp3, they are really buggy right now so be careful, just walk around the area you picked it up and click every open spot in your inventory
    Equinox_Boss and Alaenia like this.
  4. Thanks Wither. I didn't find either one of them, but it makes me feel a little bit better that I'm not the only one....
  5. Just be very careful operating them :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Went to your place, couldn't find them. Also your place lags a lot. It's because of all those hoppers.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. Aya & me have been using shulker boxes a lot during mining and building and such, and so far we never had any issues with disappearing items. This evening I did notice my shulker box (backpack) to be missing, but that was because Aya had picked it up :)
    Bunjimon348 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  8. Yeah Im with shell on this one. I havent noticed anything strange yet :/
    Bunjimon348 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. I have had something similar happen to me on several occasions on smp6, but it wasn't a permanent loss. For some reason ever since we updated, whether it be shulker boxes, wood, stone, tools or mob drops you name it. Upon breaking the block or dropping the item, it will render completely invisible sometimes, and other times it appears fine as it would normally. :confused:

Now under normal circumstances, I would assume restarting my client would do the trick. It doesn't.
    And as Wither_Addict stated, checking every individual slot in your inventory in cased it's bugged out of visibility. . . Same has happened to me plenty of times, especially when I have a poor connection. Whereas I'll think I just lost something important and I'll unknowingly still have it on me. :eek: Heart-attack for nothing!

Haven't come across anything possibly getting irreversibly lost due to a glitch though. :( I hope you find your stuff! Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I noticed that when I placed it underwater while running around, it disappeared and did not drop. Luckily, it reappeared in my inventory about 60 seconds later when I was several blocks away from where I dropped it.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Come to think of it.. i had a shulker box filled with foreworks for an elytra flight in wild... no clue where it is now :/ darn this is definatly a problem
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Maybe I should take out most of my hoppers and just manually move things in the shop.... That may assist with lag issues that others have messaged me about when visiting the shop.
  13. I use shulker boxes quite a bit and have never had an issue. Just a thought here and I'm probably way off, but have any of you having issues with shulker boxes vaulted/mailed them? Like I said, this probably isn't the cause, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. I don't recall having put them in my vault.... but it's not that hard to misclick.... And not notice...

Why do they disappear from the vaults so they can't be taken across servers?

15. I may have to play plugged into the router from now on then... Which means my Husband gets the living room and I get sequestered to the trashed office....

May need to invest in longer ethernet cables............ Do they come in 50 foot?
    Duckne likes this.
  16. I did get this glitch but before updating do 1.11. I think it is a 1.11 bug but not sure. This has happened to me qith enderchest and chest. I got a heart attack when i entered my giant storage and only saw hoppers lol. What i did to fix it was just quit MC and reopen it.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  17. Well, pick axed hoppers, all of them, but didn't find my Shulker Box. So I bought another one. -.-

I named it Precious...

If it goes missing I may scream.....

Still haven't found Alaenia's Shulker Box, or Aleania's Shulker Box 2....

Come home my babies.... you had all my diamond shovels qq....
    AyanamiKun and Duckne like this.
  18. ive used at least 40 different shulker boxes since the update and ive had no issues with them dissapearing, and i do think it might be internet related, as i have pretty good internet, that seems to be the only correlation.
  19. I think the same thing just happened to me. I was on my residence and used it tonight. Now the shulker box is nowhere to be found. First time anything like this has occurred. I had a couple of valuable items in there including an irreplaceable promo so I'm rather put out at the moment.
  20. relaunch the game, with 1.11 many blocks turn completely invisible time to time. Mainly chest. Try this and search your inventory or res again :)