Show the Christmas Music you like

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AncientTower, Dec 20, 2018.

1. So this thread to show off the music of Christmas you listen to and it can be the old traditional songs or alternate takes or brand new type of Christmas song. I love Christmas songs old and new. I just want to see what you all like to hear as well.

I just felt like really annoying everyone with this song. :D

607, The_Boulder, xGGirlx and 3 others like this.
  2. SkeleTin007 and AncientTower like this.
  3. My favorite:
    AncientTower likes this.
  4. I usually go for the oldies...

Stnywitness and AncientTower like this.
  5. I've honestly never liked the modern iteration of old Christmas tunes, I feel like the Christmas spirit isn't there and it seems fake and way too processed.

I would be lying if I said that this song didn't bring me close to tears. THIS is what I associate with Christmas. I remember being a young child, sitting in a warm Christmas filled house, with presents everywhere, with the snow gently falling onto the covered streets into the still of the night... This song evokes so many memories and feelings of happiness that I would never be able to explain to anyone. This song IS Christmas for me.

Buble is okay, but this song evokes way more emotion and memories, old is best, call me stuck in the past, but I will till the day I leave this earth to insist that OLD music will always be better than NEW music.

Don't laugh at me, I know you all want to laugh at little music snob me for liking this song..

Just like Christmas Canon, this is also the face of Christmas for me
    AncientTower likes this.
  6. The only Christmas song I will ever like is Last Christmas by Wham! Great cry-in-the-bathroom-heartbreak-song, great instrumental, and George Michael is George Michael and has George Michael vocals.

I hate all others. They're all overly joyous and annoying.
  7. Forgot this one:

The metal guitar aspect in it is also why I feel like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the best :)

Its creepy and it gives off a Christmas Battle Theme
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  8. Is it wrong if I think that Paul McCartney 's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime" song is good?

I've heard that a lot when I was 4 years old that I feel like I grew up with the song since it was first released.
  9. Funny enough I forgot about this thread but now it's that time of year again and I'd like you to show your Christmas songs off again.

607 likes this.
  10. I was expecting to have to upload this myself before I could share it with you, but no, somebody put it on YouTube already! :)
    It does however include several seconds of silence at the beginning, so you'll have to skip ahead a little or be patient. :p

Edit: There is no nostalgia at play here. Well, there might be a little, as I first heard Carol of the Bells in a Christmas musical written by a friend of mine in high school, but not for the game, I mean. ;) I've only known about this game for a few years and I've never played it, but this rendition of Carol of the Bells is amazing; and the song itself is great anyway.
    AncientTower likes this.
  11. For you guys that like a more rocky side of music then this is my favorite:

AncientTower likes this.
  12. Time to bring this thread back and why not start it off with some rock with the last of our reindeer in the title.

Fred_TWK likes this.
  13. I just love the Pentatonix Christmas music during the holidays. These are a few of my favs.

AncientTower and Fred_TWK like this.
  14. I love the country version of You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch by Ian Munsick

AncientTower likes this.
  15. I've been trying to find this every Christmas season for 4 years, and I finally found it last week:

AncientTower likes this.
  16. I like them :D :

AncientTower likes this.
  17. I like to listen 2 x-mas music (click here and here)
    Playlist: Click here and here
    ( i like it becasue it sound interesting for me)
    (note: all from spofity)
    AncientTower likes this.