Should we have a gaming place?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Okamics, Feb 11, 2018.

?

Is this a good idea?

Yes 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No 2 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. I think this would be fun for people to make there own games for people to play on a island just for gaming ya know?
  2. Well someone could make a res for that and each game gets a sub zone
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  3. I guess thats cool idea! But I was thinking that we could build it on a mooshroom island so its big and no mobs spawn like in HermitCraft.
  4. Well... You can make games on your residence, no mobs spawning and totaly grief protected... Next to that, there is /games The buildteam worked really hard on that, it'll be nice if it'd finaly get some apriciation :p
    But, interesting idea. You can make one res that has like a teleport to all other people's res's with games. I tried to do something like that two years ago. (but didn't succeed due to a lack of knowlege of the English langue) You can do that if you want to. maybe together with making a few games on that res...
    ThaKloned and 5L0B like this.
  5. I was kind of waiting for something like this to come up. Everyone I talked to likes the game server and enjoys it from time to time but keep in mind one thing. Most people that came here did so because it wasn't like the other servers. Most other places are full of games and little of what we have here. This is one of the biggest draws to stay here. So I don't think it's because of lack of appreciation. You guys did (and do) an amazing job there. It's just not everyone's preferred mode. Just my thought on the subject. :)
    5L0B likes this.
  6. Oh i didn't think about that.
  7. Love the idea personally :) I am always for players making an effort to come up with unique games and events that they can do themselves and have fun with!

As has been said, this is definitely possible and very easy to do in town on a regular res. While you mentioned doing it in the Frontier, you will actually lose a lot of benefits by doing this in the Frontier. In town, you have the option to teleport, full grief protection, SS services for larger jobs, and full access to all of EMC's custom features, many of which are very useful for creating games. Plus, players could easily just teleport to this res in-town, while in the Frontier they would have to travel out to it.

Subreses also allow you to create specific areas for different players to work in, so they don't accidentally mess with other people's stuff.

You guys did an amazing job on the Games server, and I am excited for all the possibilities it has opened for events and games on EMC. I think that the setup that this player is looking for though, is somewhere for regular EMC players to create stuff and share it with everyone.

Games server is great for official EMC events and games, though, and I look forward to being able to use it more!
  8. I can help with anything if your going to do it on a res