Should I start a business sorting peoples storages?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, Jul 19, 2018.

?

Should I make this a business?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2018.
Yes 9 vote(s) 81.8%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I want my stuff sorted RIGHT NOW! 2 vote(s) 18.2%
  1. What
    I was thinking about rupees and an idea suggested by one of my friends, was that I should start a business. I think that there are enough bulk businesses, so I had no idea what I could do. Then, I came up with the idea of sorting people's stuff.

Why
    If any of you have been to my residence before I moved, I didn't have that much stuff but I still had a big room full of double chests. Now, after moving my residence, I have a lot more stuff. If you do /v +foxy on smp2, you can see that I have a lot of chests randomly placed (some of you may have more than me, don't tease me :p). It may not sound fun, but I enjoy sorting my stuff, so that's why I want to sort for a job (this sounds so lame when I say it out loud.) :p

When
    If I am going to do this business ever, it will start towards October if a lot of people will use it, or after summer ends sometime if the schedule won't be too busy.

Let me know if you would use it if this was an actual business, and if you need help with sorting your stuff right now, PM me and we can "sort" things out from there :).
    (I'm sorry ...)
  2. Sounds like a very useful business. Bulk businesses come and go though. There are only two places I know of that have been around for any sort of time that sell in bulk. Smp8's Sgtpepper(I think thats the name? been a while) and azoundrias multiple "malls." Most other bulk businesses rarely last more than a few months let alone a year and these two have both been at it for several years.
  3. So we trust you alone with all of our stuff?
    Gawadrolt, ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  4. Maybe you can make item sorters cuz I need one
    luckycordel likes this.
  5. If I do go through with the business, I'm going to put a list of rules like this. For the trust barriers I'm going to request that the customer stays on the residence with me, if not then stay on the same server.
    If I am sorting on smp3, then the customer MUST stay on smp3.
    Someone asked me to sort for them, then they left. This is also a problem for be because I may have questions about where to put stuff, etc., so I need them online most of the time anyways.

But I'm afraid you're right, you would have to trust me with the stuff you give to me. There are obvious ways to avoid me stealing, like creating subzones with the stuff I need to sort and the places where I need to put them, or you can just give me access through access signs.
    607, purplebook163, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  6. That might happen in the future, but as of right now, I have absoloutly no idea how to make them, sorry :p
  7. I also am bad at staying alive when gathering resources :confused:
  8. To tell you the truth thats biggest thing about that kind of service, the trust issue.

9. No joke why hasn't this service been kick started already?
    Windylava and ShelLuser like this.
  10. +1
  11. Anything to resolve the trust issue will be posted on the official thread. If anyone has any further problems, they can address me about it and we'll fix it from there, otherwise they can please kindly ignore my business :)
    607 and Nuttyknight42 like this.
  12. I take it you guys want your stuff sorted? :D
    ConductorConduit likes this.
  13. I already trust you fully, so when can you start? :p
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  14. I think this is something that you could do for people, I don't see a reason why this couldn't be a job. ;)
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  15. Maybe you could set up a portfolio of some sort? You know: ask your customers if they don't mind that you'll mention them in your advertisements. Of course: "Results gained in the past don't guarantee good results for the future" but even so... if you have some well known names on your list who ended up satisfied then that can definitely help others to also put some trust into this.

That is of course assuming that those people actually know or recognize each other ;)

But hopefully you get the idea :)
    607, Foxy_Kitty and purplebook163 like this.
  16. Allow me to be one of the first to offer a mention.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. Foxy is good at sorting your items and is a trust worthy person. I would recommend her to sort your items. She works with you to restore order to your items. And if you low on rupes she works with you to offer other payments areagments.
    Gawadrolt and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  18. Do it! I wanna see this :p
  19. That really only works if you've actually hired her before.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. That very true; just so you know i did hire her.
    Foxy_Kitty and purplebook163 like this.