Shell's super secret mining tunnel ;)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Hi gang,

One of the things I enjoy most on Minecraft is mining. I usually set out into the waste, find a suitable area (usually a cave or something) and then make a small base where I can store some stuff and from where I can continue mining. So far, so good.

I usually walk / run back and forth but this time there's a rather thick forest between my base and the outpost, so I decided to dig a tunnel. I am lazy like that, I can't be bothered with all those mobs all the time ;) To make matters worse... my base is located at y50, so close to the ground (which is usually y64). I also couldn't be bothered to dig a bit deeper but decided to go straight to the outpost :D

So... if you're looking for a safe(r) place to mine then this tunnel might be of some help for you. If you can find it of course :)

/waste se on SMP2

If you go to the South East waste and jump off the outpost building on the East side (use the waterfall) then you'll soon see a small section with stone bricks, land there.

This will land you in a small room with a few supplies, and the entrance to the tunnel. Which is somewhat long (around 400 blocks).

A small intersection in between ;)

Because the tunnel sits so close to the ground there were a few caveats :D

A lake, and a village :)

... and now also a tunnel ;)

I split the river with my own bare glass :D

And in the end you'll end up in the small mining base. It sits close to some larger cave systems so there should be plenty of loot for everyone. There's a bed and an enderchest, and as shown above a fully safe route back to the outpost :)

Small mining base

So yeah... It's a somewhat useless tunnel because it doesn't lead to anything super special (like an end portal) but it could still be fun.

Also: if you're interested in packed ice then this might also be useful for you because there are 2 spiked ice biomes south of the base.

Figured I'd share :)
  2. OOOO! This is cool! (also probably the secret project you were working on today)
  3. Heyy
  4. You seem to be fond of the east ;) that's where I always stumble on your little "hidden" bases