Shell's 1024 days anniversary giveaway

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Should my head be added to the prize pool?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2017.
Yes 24 vote(s) 77.4%
No 6 vote(s) 19.4%
MY head should be added to your prize pool and you know what? I'll send it and DARE you to add it! 8 vote(s) 25.8%
Other (please share ideas below!). 2 vote(s) 6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Congratulations Shel,

I'll take 216 Please
  2. 15 for me! ...and dang glad you've stuck it out and hope to see you here for some time. It's ppl like you that keep me here.

shelluser, please stop at smp1 /v 2756 and pick up my donations. (I would love it if you gave the "one stacked item" away as a single item, but not required)

I shoulda taken 607
    607 likes this.
  3. 1024 please, thanks for doing this <3
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. 973

I already grumbled at you enough in game about this =P
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. #1023 pls
    Gg shel congrats
    To me you are a pillar of hope on EMC
    I know u from our outpost and from ur help with griefing incidents
    But I know you the most for being a very nice, kind and giving person.

Ps-Oo ya we also know u for ur long post which are usually a fun read :p
  6. I tease, I make fun and I'm even trying to break the record for "most chaotic event ever". But there's one thing I don't joke about and that's the prizes. So yeah, for real. You really won 666 purpur blocks, and a vault + stable voucher because I thought your post was fun :) All waiting for you on my res.

Speaking of prizes....

You really had to do it, didn't you? You evilishish floorfne! :p

You won a prize as well. A unique written book called "Dufne and the duck", and 1024 rupees. On top of that you also get one dark oak and a birch log block!

The book shall be open sourced for all to see, posted in the writers corner :) (follow the link).
    Floorfne and 607 like this.
  7. Congrats!
    I'll take number 17 please :)
  8. Congrats on 1024 days!
    I’ll take 555 plz
  9. Thank you very much shelly :)

I was originally thinking about doing 966, but then Tom said I sould do it, so I now have to come up with something diferent...
    so... you go for the 2^10 days... I'll pick 2^7 I think that is suiteble :)
    You should also totaly write al the numbers in binairy.

Also, The fact that you say that "all my ruppees" isn't as good as it sounds kind of makes me think you have a negative ruppee amount... But that'll be Jelle-Nonsense :p

Is there anything else I'd like to say?
    no.
    607 likes this.
  10. Wow, Shel, you sure don't mind typing a lot, lol. And what nice story, you getting your voter bow back, I'm glad. :D

You are such a great member of the community, too! It's like all of us have hit the jackpot, so I'll take number 777.

o/
    607 likes this.
  11. I didn't say that you had to, I said that I wanted to give you the possibility to... :p Oh, and never mind that invitation for coming over next Tuesday. :rolleyes:

kidding ofc :P
  12. Haha, beautiful post. :D Chemistry. :rolleyes:

Anyway: having been mentioned by 3 different people, I suppose I've got no choice... but to pick 607. So there we go. ;)
    I'm really looking forward to reading Dufne & the duck, but I think I'll try to get myself to do the dishes first. ;)
    Oh, lastly: it feels extra good to correct a writer as experienced as you.
    Less importantly, an extra 'around' between 'but' and 'others' could be nice. :p

ShelLuser, TomvanWijnen and mjnoe70 like this.
  13. Oh, I forgot: thanks for posting this thread! If I hadn't seen this power of two when starting on EMC this evening, I might not've remembered to take care not to overshoot my own power of two, before posting my own milestone thread! :)
  14. Event update alert!
    An update alert is a message to warn you that something new is about to happen on my event *

Good news everybody!

My main is currently way out in the SMP2 Frontier with some of his friends, which gives me full control over all his residences. The perfect time to start my own shop! And I'm selling all sorts of cool stuff:

Here you can buy 1 nametag in exchange for only 1 sign! **

Now, there are 2 problems.

I need to make sure that Shell doesn't find out about my little operation so I had to scatter all my sell signs across the entire residence. That way there's little chance that he'll find out! Pretty smart huh?

But this also means that I can't really change much in the residence protection flags. As you may know my main can be quite a control freak sometimes, and if you don't believe me you should try to use /res info on his main residence (3544)! :eek:

This other residence of his is not much different. But I'm pretty sure that I can remove the -move flag without Shell noticing, unfortunately that's also as far as I can go. This means that you can't directly teleport to the residence and to make matters worse you probably can't use most teleport signs there either.

In fact... There's only 1 teleport sign which you can use that will teleport you straight into the main storage room, which is also where you'll find most of my more expensive items for sale.

And there's also a main prize!

Because of my opening you guys will get a special discount, one time only! Always wanted a cheap 130 speed horse? Well, now you can!

If only I could remember where I placed that... :confused:

Anyway... This residence is right next to Shell's main residence. And it is going to open between 14:00 - 15:00 EMC time!

So remember: you cannot teleport there directly. It's best if you teleport to Shell's main res. (/v 3544) and then walk over to the other res.

Hope to see some of you there!!

Hi gang!

Welcome to the next part of my 1024 event. Back in the days I asked the community in a poll what kind of event I should organize and most people voted for a scavenger hunt. Unfortunately I didn't manage to set up the kind of event I wanted, but here you get a miniature version of the whole thing.

So: my alt TheOtherShell has placed several shop signs (CHOOSE) across my 4th residence. All signs sell you something for 1 rupee. What that is? That is a good question! :D Items vary from anvils, ghast tears, enchanted books right down to the three main prizes: A God pick, a God sword and... a 130 speed horse. Warning though: the latter is hidden pretty deep and in somewhat plain sight ;)

The event will be a "first come, first serve". So all chests (there are approx. 12 in total) contain 1 or 2 items, if someone bought them then that's it for that chest. The best prizes can be found inside the storage area, and in order to reach that you'll have to find the only teleport sign which doesn't use a named location (namedtp is disabled on the residence, just like many other options).

But to make sure most of you will have a fair chance I won't start the event right now, but within a few hours. So between 14:00 and 15:00pm (EMC time) the -move flag will be removed and you can go crazy :D

My 4th residence is basically my "bulk storage". I have a very peculiar way of keeping my items sorted: most of the things I often use are kept on my main residence, but as soon as I gather a few stacks of them then those get eventually moved to this place.

So: every chest you see here contains at least 1 stack of items.

The bulk storage is also where The Vault is located. I build the vault in 2015 as some kind of 'secured' storage. There's both roleplay and a bit of in-game reality involved here, the vault is also where I store some of my more expensive items like stacks of diamond, emerald, gold and redstone blocks.

But the vault is also an area which I use to preserve some of my friends stuff. Some of my friends went derelict, and in a few specific cases I wasn't going to let that happen so I moved most of their most expensive items (not just rupee value) into my vault (and obviously gave them full access to it).

Up until now only a very small amount of players have been there, fewer have actually seen the vault (and its redstone mechanics) from the inside :)

So here we are!
  15. Congrats!
    52 please :)
  16. Residence 3543 is now open, and SMP2 is already busy scavenging :p

UPDATE

The Scavenger hunt has been completed and the main prizes have been claimed. There might be some smaller prizes left but all the main stuff is gone.
  17. And a small bump. One more week to go.

Someone noticed that I'm close to my 1000th voting streak. And that means... Well, basically the same as if you were at your 400th or 500th streak: every 100 days you get a little bigger reward as a thanks for all the votes. So that means approx. 60k.

But wait, didn't I say that I was also going to give away all my rupees? Yups, calculated "risk" :cool:

Still need to think on the 'how' part, because it has to be fair. My previous "mini-scavenger hunt" showed that not too many players continue to pay attention to the thread (mostly people from SMP2 got goodies), and that could make things unfair. And we don't want that, now do we? So I'll probably split that part of the event off into a new one, where the main prize is "all my rupees", expect this to happen next weekend.

But my head will be added to this prize pool and I'll also randomize that drop :)
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  18. Congrats man and thank you for doing this. I will take number 7 please
  19. The poll will close on the 10th of October, but I am going to end the event this weekend. Either this evening but most likely tomorrow (European time). Even so... one final bump.

7 people voted "my head should be added" but I only got 2 :p

But yeah: My head will be added to the prize pool and Jay2a's & AyanamiKun's head as well.

But to spice things up a little I'm also adding cadgamer202's head as well as ElfinCarrots.

Ze bump!
    607 likes this.