[Shark Tank] Offering Investments, No Returns Needed! Rupees for your Community Projects

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by SteamingFire, May 22, 2022.

1. [FINISHED]

Hello, EMC.
    I have 1 mil rupees to give away and decided to give them away shark-tank style.
    Shark Tank is a show where people show off their businesses and ask for funding. Usually this means that whoever invests in them will get a large return, but in this case, there is no return needed!

I will give 100k to 10 people.
    Please post pictures (use spoiler command) and a description of your business, creation, or etc. below. The build must be community-oriented. No personal projects that will be hidden from view, no outpost-members-only projects. It must be available for everyone to use or explore once it's finished. As a side note, the more interesting it is, the more likely that I will invest in you. Something boring like a square iron farm might not catch my eye. One investment per person, so please pick your favorite project. Also, at the time of you posting your post, you must have genuine plans to finish your project. Minecraft projects come and go, but I don't want to "invest" in something that you've already given up on. That would be unfair to others.

As soon as I pick 10 people, this event is over. Edit: Deadline to submit a post is Saturday, June 4th, 11:59pm EMC time.
    I would prefer to visit your build with a guided tour before I invest in it, but as everyone is in different time zones, that isn't realistic. I would appreciate however if you could give me +move perms so I can at least take a look around and know that your photos don't only look good from one angle :p I won't bother to visit builds in the wilderness, as I am a town person. But I am offering rupees for builds in both town and protected wilderness. Also, if you have little or nothing built yet, please provide a blueprint. I am more likely to invest in builds that have already been outlined with blocks and which have a detailed plan of how it will proceed, but anything that you have is fine. If you have very little, you'll just have to try that much harder to convince me.

As always, first come first served. Or first-catches-my-eye, first-served? Impress me :p

Winners

1. badbedwars - KFC
    2. EnigmaSpirit - Abandoned horse adoption center
    3. CastellanKnight - Cathedral
    4. Torian42 - for putting himself in a detention cell where he can't hurt the animals
    5. Zomberina - more prizes, more fun, more +swap
    6. Fiery_Shirt_Fury - Fiery Games

Green names on the list have been paid.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. invest for kapain for becoming presedent daanhu president
    TECtock, FadedMartian and UltiPig like this.
  3. Hi! I am making a food store that will look like a KFC, as well as some other builds. I really like building things with Litematica, and would love to have some rupees to make some new projects (as I am horribly broke). Here are some images of things that I have built, and the KFC that I am in the process of making: (Insert image isn't working for me so there are links instead)
    https://ibb.co/jMH2TMN
    https://ibb.co/4VyKZP4
    https://ibb.co/y6sRs6R
    https://ibb.co/xSHZT0t
    https://ibb.co/9cNpV2b
    https://ibb.co/4RR0qsS
    https://ibb.co/sKkHDPT

FadedMartian and SteamingFire like this.
  4. The build is simple but it's not plain. The idea is fun. What would you be selling there and would the rupees be used for anything other than building materials?
  5. I would be using the rupees probably for mostly building because that is a cool thing I like to do, and I would try to get a store running in the KFC.
    UltiPig likes this.
  6. But what specifically will you be selling in the KFC? Fried chicken? Do you have any creative touches to this build?
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. Probably look at their menu and try to match it, but I think that I can manage to make it look pretty realistic, with some villagers working there as well.
    607 and SteamingFire like this.
  8. Hello -

I would like to build something that branches off of my Enigma's Entities Business that you can find here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/enigmas-entities-multi-smp-hatchery.85888/

The residence on Utopia across from my hatchery is currently vacant. I would like to claim it and build an adoption center with discounted animals that I find abandoned in the Frontier and Wilderness. I have come across multiple horses, llamas, donkeys, that have been found derelict. This will provide a place to stable, rehabilitate, and then offer up for adoption at lower-than-normal prices. The money raised from this project will be re-invested into the Adoption center via expansions, and equipment costs such as saddles, hay bales, etc.

I look to build something similar to this:
    607, SteamingFire and KatydidBuild like this.
  9. Congratulations, badbedwars! Your KFC build, although not unique in that it's taken from a real-life food chain, will be a fun way addition to EMC. You have won 100k; use it wisely! I look forward to seeing a functioning EMC KFC with peppy villager workers and a menu that makes you drool.
    badbedwars likes this.
  10. Although intriguing, EMC does not allow you to eggify abandoned animals if they are owned by others, even if the owner is derelict and even if the animal was abandoned on your own res. I cannot support an idea that will not work from the get-go.
  11. Horses, donkeys etc in the frontier / wilderness that have been left there for more than 15 days become derelict animals and are - in fact - able to be eggified.
  12. Since when e_e
  13. FadedMartian, Burki, 607 and 2 others like this.
  14. Hello!

I have two planned projects. First, I am building a store to sell general stuff (This is on my current res, and proceeds will be used to help fund the second.) Second, the utopia res next to mine is unoccupied, and my plan entails claiming it and building a cathedral there. The cathedral will take up the entire plot of land, and will have a fully finished and real interior (I'm drawing inspiration from my local cathedral, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, as well as the church I got baptized at.)

Notable Features:

Stained Glass Windows
    Bottles of Honey and Bread
    Candles to Light (Like in real cathedrals and churches)
    A throne (which, IRL, is where the Bishop sits)
    An Organ and a Bell at the top
    An Ambulatory and Altar
    A Baptism Jar (basically a big stone bowl of water that priests use to baptize people; located near the entrance IRL to to signify welcoming into the Church)
    An Indulgence Chest (Something from the Catholic Church in the Medieval Ages, won't function as intended)

Nearby I'll have a parish house where people who work there will "live." This will also have a fully furnished interior, with beds and everything. I'll also have a room there.

The parish house will look something like this:

This is something similar to my blueprint:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Cathédrale_Notre-Dame_de_Paris,_20_March_2014.jpg
    (Sorry I can't put the image here as it's too big)

I'll have a couple villagers there "working" at the church (i.e. a cleric or something as the priest, a couple of other librarians or clerics working around the church, and some garden variety "default" villagers as people just in the Church.) There's even going to be a cleric in the confessional booth sitting inside. The villagers with jobs will also be able to be traded with.

Basically what I plan to do is give stuff away. I'll have a book where people can write their names down, and every week 5k will be given to a random person on each list (I'll have to use one of those random number generators that people here use for giveaways and such). I'll also have a donations box, where people can take stuff that others have put in and put stuff in for others to take. I'll also put stuff like gold and diamonds in regularly, and netherite on days that are significant in Catholicism IRL (Like Christmas, Feast Days, Easter Vigil, Pentecost, the Ascension, etc.)

I'll also have some automatic or afkable farms for anyone to use, as well as a kitchen sorta like a soup kitchen with free food and people working behind the counter. All of this will be on floors below the main church.

Finally, I plan to, at least once, give away some promos and money (like 100k-150k) after I've saved up and have something similar to Belac555's party (with chests for each person and all that)

This has been a plan in my head for the past 3 weeks; the reason I have not gotten around to doing it yet has been due to schoolwork and final exams, but with school ending in a couple days, I can devote most of my time to doing this.
    607 and SteamingFire like this.
  15. o_o
    since when?!
    *ahem*
    Well in that case, yes. I love your idea. It's cute and quirky and I like everything about it, now that I know it's doable in EMC.
    Congratulations, you have won 100k. Can't wait to see this come out. It would be satisfying to see it packed and then empty and then packed and then empty. Good luck!
    HazardousCode and 607 like this.
  16. I'm not religious, but this is nice! I like how you're focusing on the generosity side of things. However, as it is a religious building, I would hope that you also put more effort into the religious services. You explained a lot about how it'll be a place to get free stuff, but what about the more religious features of it?
    Anyway, you've gotten yourself 100k. Enjoy and I hope to see this come to fruition!
  17. All winners so far have been funded.
    New deadline to submit a post: Saturday, June 4th.
  18. since forever, like 2015 or sum
  19. Good Afternoon, Torian here.

I have an idea for a performance art piece. The piece would involve myself and a single chest at the corner of my res. At a predetermined date and time I will open the chest and rifle through it's contents symbolizing the uncertainty and indecision of mankind. There will be an hour long struggle much of which I will be motionless holding a block, sometimes placing or breaking a block or switching between items. I will then finally place a block of obsidian on the corner of my res symbolizing mankind's ability to overcome and create something of value that will last the centuries. The obsidian block will remain as a reminder of this piece and free tourist attraction.

So... that's it.
  20. :s