Share Your Handwriting!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Impulsive_Egg, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Good morning I am bored and curious to compare handwriting with other people! I remember way back in grade school how we were able to identify each other's handwriting based on how sloppy or neat or light or tiny it was

You've all heard of the Quick Brown Fox, now get ready for the Sphinx of Black Quartz: another sentence that contains every letter of the Latin alphabet (feat. The Numbers and Punctuation Boys)

If you're able to write in different scripts like Arabic or Japanese then please share that as well!
  2. Oh, I didn't know that pangram! Well, I've probably read it some time, but it does not seem familiar. ;)
    I could of course refer to my own thread, as I showed my handwriting extensively there, and as far as I'm aware it has not changed (I also cannot write Japanese). But it would be more fun to write something new, probably. :) I'm on vacation right now though, and don't have paper with me. Maybe I'll find some. :p
  3. I haven't written by hand for quite a while, and, when I do, I usually write in Dutch (which has different common letter structures and such,) so this is a lot more messy than my usual writing, but I guess it is somewhat readable...
    Usually, the thing that'special about my handwriting isn't the way it looks, as it is quite inoffensive usually, but the speed at which I write, which is only slightly slower than the speed at which I speak (I speak quite slowly) This is a skill I developed as I learned that the most efficient way for me to learn something by heart, is to just write it down a few times. This is how I learned my English, Greek, French, German, Spanish and Latin vocabulairy, so I wrote a lot, and, with that, learned to write quickly. :p
    (my Greek is quite a lot slower, obviously :p)

The Greek sais the same as the English, hopefully... Please don't be too harsh on it: it has been three years and was bad then... :p

Looking through 607's thread, I thought I'd also show my maths writing. This is something I did because I needed it (it was randomly on my desk), so it's quite sloppy indeed:

(Looking through it, I found at least two sloppy mistakes so far... Maybe you can find them :p )
  4. Since we're talking about writing more naturally flowing sentences here's my knock on it

I swear my handwriting isn't always this nice, only when my hand wants to cooperate with me, but boy it does feel good to make something pleasing.
    Of course when I write I sometimes get confused by adjacent letters and I almost wrote "outh" instead of "out" but I see that happen to everybody from time to time when their brains try to write a spelling pattern that doesn't actually belong in the word
    (I like to call those rogue letters. In some writings you'll find people accidentally putting an -ough or an -ouse when it doesn't belong in the word and they won't see it until it's too late. It kind of interesting when you think about it and how we memorize patterns like that when we learn how to write. The human brain is neato)
  5. Here's my handwriting! It usually looks a bit better, but I seriously haven't done much writing at all since this quarantine thing started.

The hand that I write with for school usually depends which side of the notebook I'm writing on. Spiral notebooks annoy me when I write with my left hand on the right side -- I usually turn my sketchbooks upside down to draw on so that the spiral isn't in the way. :D
  6. My handwriting, with a fancy pants fountain pen!
    side note for people wanting to know more about the pen: it’s a Sailor Professional Gear Slim, in the Kamo Eggplant limited edition finish. It was an LE exclusive to a certain store in Japan around 2018, and only 100 were produced. It has a medium nib, and it’s filled with Robert Oster Summer Storm; you can’t tell in the photo but I swear it’s a really nice purple in person!
    https://imgur.com/a/DdD1l12

7. Noticed I didn't uppercase the Judge my vow, on the second row lol oh well:D
  8. I saw this thread and knew I had to participate :D I love seeing others' handwriting!

9. :0 Moops are you ambidextrous? actually, is anyone here ambidextrous?
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. I wasnt originally gonna post, but here I am,

I am ambidextrous, but I rarely write with my left anymore, I taught myself in high school in maths, and for a long while I was faster with my left, but alas, no more. My right hand writing is super quick but also looks like garbage . I use my left hand for more things than my right at this point. I can even play games left handed but I don't very often cause configs are usually for righties. I pretty much exclusively hold my phone in my left hand. I don't quite know where the left hand right hand divide is. Id recommend everyone try to learn with their opposite hand, granted its not easy but, I would argue your opposite hand is better at some stuff than your main hand is.

Bonus pic of tonight's maths homework
  11. I would say I'm fairly close to being ambidextrous. I don't think my right hand is able to write/draw quite as well as my left, but it can still produce decent and legible material. :)
    luckycordel and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  12. That's dope! I'd like to teach myself to do things with my left hand but I do not have the patience. If I'm not good at it then I just don't want to do it lol
    what a great way of thinking.
    luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.
  13. I'm also somewhat ambidextrous, But mainly Left Handed. Lefties are in their right mind! lol:D
    Impulsive_Egg and MoreMoople like this.
  14. We've got some really beautiful handwriting on this server! I'm just going to be upfront and say that y'all have more beautiful handwriting than I do!! ^^
    luckycordel and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  15. How did you translate it, then? I've never written Ancient Greek. :p

Thanks for sharing, that's quite cool. :D But no, I am not going to study that to find potential mistakes. :p

That's interesting, I wondered if I also did this, but I rarely write and it's harder to notice while typing. But then just now I noticed I initially typed a 'w' appended to my "But no" above. :D

I'll read the rest later, this is a lot and I should have gone to bed already. :p
    Impulsive_Egg and luckycordel like this.