Share your favorite thing about emc!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ChespinLover77, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Pretty simple, share your favorite thing about emc, the community, features, etc whatever you feel like.

I’ll start!
    My favorite thing(s) about emc is
    1.) the amount of good memories I’ve made over the years on here with various friends and many events or just adventures
    2.) the folks over on smp3 (biased because it’s my home server hehe) but there’s always a friendly face there that I enjoy chatting with
    3.) the events! Although I loveeee fnm as well as mob arena I’m branching out to other events when I’m able to attend. Even events I can’t attend all the time I find very intriguing and hope to catch one day
    4.) the staff and teams, who put hard work and help the server in their free time and try to engage with the community in various forms
    Lastly, overall the good pals I’ve met that are still active I love to hang out with wether that be on emc itself or maybe screensharing a movie, you name it. I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity at many friendships that this server has given me over the years 🥳
    Jay2a, Nickblockmaster, 607 and 8 others like this.
  2. I like how EMC brought me closer to people that I have grown a relationship with. I would be sad if I left and never got to see the friends I made on EMC ever again... :(
    JohnKid and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  3. Ches, I love that there are people like you on EMC. Even when it may look like the world is burning around us and we bust out the "This is fine" meme, you're here to remind us of the good times. The times of the past, and the ones that we can make in the future. We are friends, we are family, we are EMC. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what other people say. We may not be the same server as we were years ago, and we never will be, but that doesn't mean that we can't look fondly upon the past and dream big for the future. :D

Edit: SMP3 buddies! *High five*
    *Disclaimer: as is the purpose of the thread, the above content is my opinion. Please don't start anything here*
  4. Aw, how nice Moople, you and him are from SMP3! :)

I'm curious if I'll meet anyone from SMP6 on this thread? Or will I be the only one from SMP6? haha~
  5. Yes! It’s true the server has changed a lot over the years and we’ve grown so much, I can’t wait to see the future of the server and community <3
    JohnKid and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  6. there are plenty of aspects that are cool about the server! The Survival V2 update is also a great pass time for me as I hunt special mobs at my outposts. Anyone else enjoy hunting on emc?
    Nickblockmaster and JohnKid like this.
  7. Hearing about your personal lives. Whether it's that you passed a test, graduated, got married, had kids, bought a house, got a new job, got a new car, got a new pet, etc. Celebrating life's little achievements with each of you is one of my favorite parts of being on EMC.
    Jay2a, Nickblockmaster, 607 and 6 others like this.
  8. My favorite thing about EMC is the community and all the friends ive gained since playing its more than just a game to me its a close community if not a Family i have and the thing is were all squared shaped and that makes us close to the same. I love events and the times we spend together and all the things that happen in forums and in game. Celebrations like voting milestones and daily milestones(i myself just passed 1400 days) its something that blows my mind how one game can bring us all together!
  9. I like Jelly Belly jelly beans... I like the wild frontier because it donut reset and that people will comment on my comment about the donut and the jelly beans. I'm not very old on this server but I did joined before the antigrief update and that update is something I really like. I also enjoy discovering really old builds out in the wild. I like you all !!!
  10. Another solid feature that may be a little under appreciated is the friends system, such a smol feature but it adds a nice touch to the server! 😁
    Nickblockmaster and MoreMoople like this.
  11. I will be your resident Velmita of the SMP6, present and accounted for. 6 is BOMB!
  12. I really like promo hunting. I like spending all my rupees buying them. I like holidays so I get more of them.

I like special fiery/glowy and generally angry mobs, even when they don't like me back.

I love the amount of room we have on this platform, I love the use of multiple SMPS.

I really am thankful for most of the ppl I hang with tho, they don't get enough mention. Folks like the HUB team on 6 are salt of the earth. DrEllis is a shining example of this. He will literally drop his last block to help you with something. His design skills are friggin redic! And he is just an all around good "dood".
    Raaynn is another example of someone who is just an all around good dude. He is helpful and always friendly. He also has decent taste in music, so there's that. There are so many more ppl I could mention, but they need to come back to the server before I speak their names on here, giving them all sorts of street cred and free publicity. Lol

This post needs a good bump...I dig it.
  13. I love the events here. I enjoy building in minecraft but I love the added bonus of having a community to chat, interact & have fun with. Makes the game just that much better. :) Especially the crew on smp6 like Velmita /\ above, ellis, and the rest. Good times.

I think the global chat across servers will be a good step in bringing the community closer as well.
  14. Hm, I'm not sure yet!
    What I can come up with currently is the Dark - Rainbow theme. :p
    SpicyIcyBoi likes this.
  15. What I still love about EMC is that the friends and community you make never die even through the bad times.
    MoreMoople and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  16. Its quite nice yes, but I still think it should be the Raaynnbow Theme. :D
  17. Im with these guys :p
    SpicyIcyBoi and 607 like this.
  18. Another thing I like about EMC in particular is the way it is kept family-friendly. The admins are fairly lax on discussion of difficult subjects: some things do get removed, but personal statuses with regard to death of loved ones or depression are not shunned, even though they might be hard for some people to read. I like this, as I feel like in a community such things should be able to be shared.
    However, on the other hand discussion of adult (and in many cases controversial) topics such as 'drugs, alcohol and sexual activities' (quoting the rules) is not allowed, and I appreciate this. I think discussion of these things could be good, for adults, but I'm glad that it doesn't happen here.
    Finally, I'm glad that EMC is fairly strict in what it allows in language and images. In many communities, swearing is at each user's own discretion, as long as it is not targeted towards another user. Here, in most cases, swearing is not allowed. I must say I have gotten fairly desensitised to many cuss and swear words after hearing and reading them so much, but yet I am glad that EMC has not contributed to that, and the words that do still hurt me are not to be found on EMC.
    And in many communities, it is totally fine for people to have a lewd image as their profile picture or signature, as long as it does not feature nudity. This bothers me, though, and once again, I'm glad that I do not have to worry about this on EMC. :)
    MoreMoople and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  19. Yes! That was an amazing addition! 😃
    And very clever play on words 😛
    607 likes this.