Share Your Favorite Songs With Impulsive Egg

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by Impulsive_Egg, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Wow! I loved reading your feedback on me songs :D

Glad u enjoyed (most) of them!
    607 and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  2. This isn't me commenting a suggestion, this is purely me saying that I really like Andy Mineo. 10/10. :D
    Impulsive_Egg and Stnywitness like this.
  3. :love: :<3:
    Milosaurus_Rex likes this.
  4. 1) It sounds just like a sad love song in a different language. I love hearing songs in other languages, but I'll be honest that voice is not very palatable for me, and since I have no clue what he's saying, it doesn't mean much to me.
    2) Also a sad love song but this time I can hear the lyrics. It still just doesn't really hit me, though. Sad love songs just don't really do it for me.
    3) I like the rhythm of this one but I couldn't watch the music video as I found it unnerving and the staring/singing "unnatural" for lack of a better word.
    4) Definitely have heard the original before somewhere. I'm also not a fan of live-performances since there's always some form of awkwardness, BUT I do like his voice in this one, it goes a long way! And the marching band beat in the background is a nice touch, but I have no idea if that's in the original song or not.

BUMP! We're taking off on our trip tomorrow and I still have plenty of room for new songs! hit me!
    607 likes this.
  5. Poem 58 - Chicago
    Unnatural Selection - Muse
    Uprising - Muse
    Midnight City - M83
    Telephone Line - ELO

These are probably my 5 favourite songs that I've listened to recently. Go and have a listen, to see what you think :p
    607, Milosaurus_Rex and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  6. 1) Poem 58 - Chicago
    WHY IS IT EIGHT MINUTES
    2) Unnatural Selection - Muse
    SERIOUSLY. SEVEN MINUTES LONG. This one is p fun though, and I like the album cover.
    3) Uprising - Muse
    Kinda punk, kinda spooky. I don't know if I like the voice or not.
    4) Midnight City - M83
    Classic. I didn't know this was that song, but I also cannot remember where exactly I've heard this song, it's just one that everyone has heard at least once I guess. Sports radio? I have no idea.
    5) Telephone Line - ELO
    My first impression is aliens. I do like the vocals
    Milosaurus_Rex and wafflecoffee like this.
  7. I have another small batch of songs! These are all instrumentals off my purely instrumental playlist. They're a few of my favorites. :)

* Instrumental - dodie
    * Home - Will Hanson
    * Primavera - Ludovico Einaudi
    * The Light - The Album Leaf
    * Somewhere In Between - August Wilhelmsson
  8. I hope I'll find you a song that u like. Same take, one artist.
    Five songs, song 1,2,4 and 5 written by the artist in question. Singing on all 5 tracks. Very special voice. Very camera shy.

1) Honey is Cool - Nach Heart
    Håkan Hellström, the one singing in Swedish in my first list, is the drummer of this band btw.

2) The Knife - Pass this on
    Funny & goofy video. The artist's brother is the one in the blue jacket, the other half of "The Knife". The video is directed by Johan Renck btw, the director of "Chernobyl" mini-series.

3) Röyksopp - What else is there?
    Norweigan band but featuring the kinda special vocals of the artist.

4) Fever Ray - If I had a heart
    Might be familiar, used as a soundtrack for conveying a certain mood settings in fairly known TV-shows.

5) The Knife - Heartbeats
    The cover by José Gonzalez might be even more known, but this is the original and the mesmerizing video is a bonus.

9. now i just don't feel like it lmao
  10. Guess I might as well

Don't feel obliged to listen to all of them or any at all for that matter really, it's a lot of songs and I do realize that

kudasai: my favorite lo-fi artist, great for chilling and sleeping too if you like sleeping to music like me
    midnight
    technicolor
    better days
    indigo

ONE OK ROCK: Minus the two newest albums Ambitions and Eye of the Storm, my favorite J-Rock band
    Clock Strikes
    Re:make
    C.h.a.o.s.m.y.t.h.
    Pay Money to My Pain - Voice (feat. Taka from ONE OK ROCK)
    The Way Back (Japanese or English ver. it's up to you)
    NO SCARED
    完全感覚 Dreamer
    Living Dolls

Low Roar: Death Stranding.
    Poznan
    Bones
    Easy Way Out

Sky Sailing: Adam Young's music project from before Owl City was even an idea in his mind. Has a beautiful, bittersweet, nostalgic and unique sound to it.
    An Airplane Carried Me To Bed (Full Album) (his only album under that moniker)

Let me know if you like any of these
  11. have to say, quite interesting seeing the wide range and diversity within everyone music tastes.
    i have been all over trance since I was quite young, from my dad who has album upon albums of music, ranging from the uplifting trance to acid, I still listen to this but do occasionally listen to hardcore and hardstyle which i assume will be abit to hard for you but ill list it anyway.

Trance has a special place for me, Full of nostalgia
    modern uplifting trance:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPVv-Jjb0wQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH55IME-L9U
    uplifting trance which can have vocals in it. The general structure of the music generally is a 1-2 minute intro which is usually the main kick, which is then followed in by a wide range of elements, different synths (usually saws) and arpeggios which creates a lead, then followed by the main melody which builds up then falls on itself and creates the "drop" as edm people call it. Uplifting trance plays with emotions and energy, for me atleast.

Older uplfting trance:, for me this brings a ton of nostalgia for me
    quite similar to modern trance, but is alot simpler, the melody's are simple, but effective and it usually uses the lead/melody and a cut-off filter to build the track up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkcz2ttFwg0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCodRoZ90iA (8 mins long, can skip forward 2.30 to skip the intro)

Hardstyle: a faster trance, doesn't usually have lyrics and when it dose they are quite cheesy, good music to listen to when gaming as its a faster bpm (150-155) comes in various sub genres, i wont send u a raw hardstyle song as its just kicks and its good for raves. I have discovered this in around 2009 and there's heaps of great songs out there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9AKbaeecKI

Hardcore: 170-200bpm, various sub geners like uptempo, frenchcore to name a few. great for raves, when you for whatever reason have a ton of energy you can just punch the sky with this. Hardcore is the death metal of hardstyle and gives of a dark vibe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJEaNIK8vj4 (frenchcore)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMn8lKvLaU (hardcore)

12. GALAXIES!!! I LOVE OWL CITY! HAVE YOU HEARD "Here's Hope" or "Embers"? LOVELY SONGS! NOT BIG ON THE CINEMATIC ALBUM THOUGH! GREAT CHOICE!
  13. So, I know it's late, but just seeing this thread, and I really love the idea of bringing people together with music. Now, it is my turn to share some of my favorite tunes. Here is what and why:

"Ticket to the Moon" By: Electric Light Orchestra. It has a beautiful tune and the lyrics and the melody kind of tell a story. Like many artists, Jeff Lynne likes to distinguish himself and his "orchestra" from the rest of the tunes out there, by adding a little something into each of his songs. That's what I admire. Leading me to the next song.

"Here's Hope" By: Owl City. Now, if you know many of the lesser common Owl City songs, you'll know his trend with his music, going back to what I said about "unique artists additions that mark their territory". Anyway, if you know his other less popular songs, you'd probably know this single. Owl City helped me through a very hard time in life, you know, when you want to hurt yourself kind of time. His music inspired me to keep going and, now, here I am today!

I just wanted to thank you for the good idea of sharing music to get people together. It sure made me proud to see you guys talk about music like that. After all, one of the human race's greatest creations is language. Why not use it, right?